Is my graphics card overheating

G

Hello,
I have a Asus G73SW with a i7 processor, 8GB ram and a Nvidia GTX 460M video card. Yesteday my temp shot up to 79 Degrees C and my graphics messed up then bluescreened before shutting down. I have cleaned it with comressed air and it also sits on a coolmaster that has 2 fans on it to keep my laptop extra cool. Now from what i understand i didn't think 79 was to high but now my games are suggesting i play in the lowest graphics possible and my game idle is now 65C where it use to be 49C anyone else had the same problem or any ideas whats going on? and would a reinstall help maybe? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou

G

Yeah it's still under warranty it's only 5 months old, but have to send it back to America for them to look at it and if it's something i could have done my self i have to pay for postage so trying to wittle down possibilities first.

G

Yeah i asked my mate about the temp as she has the same laptop and she said it wasn't to high, said its not really high till the 90's .. never thought about temps when i had pc's lol

G

No not positive, i have a temp window up all the time and it shot up by 20 degrees in seconds before the graphics crashed so it's all guess work at the moment

G

How? i got just downloaded a program for it but its installed after the BSOD so isnt showing it

G

Oh this is good, to add to confusion there is nothing in that folder

G

Done still nothing, i'm confused. Shouldn't a BSOD create a log?

Aha, thanks for the info. In the Dutch OS i believe it's called "een mini stronthoop", probably thats why i didn't recognize it.

In Advanced System Settings, click Settings under Startup and recovery and make sure that Write debugging information is Kernal memory dump and Dump file location is %SystemRoot%\MEMORY.DMP

G

Sorry i vanished yesterday i had guests arrive. Ok so i checked my settings against that webpage and its all good so i went on a like hunt and found a folder called "Live Kernal Dump" and there is a dmp file in there but it says i dont have a program to open it, i clicked "Use web service to find correct program" but that didn't find a program either, any ideas?