[SOLVED] Is my graphics card ruined?

ramsinnano

Reputable
Jul 9, 2017
Hi, I was playing a game that I normally always play with no issue. When I got to a point where I could tell it was a little demanding to render, the computer randomly shuts down as if I pulled the cord from the power supply. I downloaded a gpu stress test soon after, and not even a second after running it, my computer shuts down the same way. It did this only for games. I removed the card and ran the stress test with integrated graphics and it never shut down. Would you think this is a gpu issue?

My specs:
Gpu: Amd Radeon Rx 480 8gb
Cpu: Intel core i5-7600k
Ram: 12gb. 3 x 4gb ddr4
Power supply: 600w

Solution
Make and model of the PSU and it's age? FYI, how do you have 12GB's of ram on your system? It should either be 8GB or 16GB if you want to avail dual channel ram mode and the sweet spot on your platform.
Hi, I was playing a game that I normally always play with no issue. When I got to a point where I could tell it was a little demanding to render, the computer randomly shuts down as if I pulled the cord from the power supply. I downloaded a gpu stress test soon after, and not even a second after running it, my computer shuts down the same way. It did this only for games. I removed the card and ran the stress test with integrated graphics and it never shut down. Would you think this is a gpu issue?

My specs:
Gpu: Amd Radeon Rx 480 8gb
Cpu: Intel core i5-7600k
Ram: 12gb. 3 x 4gb ddr4
Power supply: 600w

Sounds like a PSU problem to me.