Is my graphics card sagging bad?

melikepie

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2011
I got a 7970, and like all graphics cards (well, most) it's starting to sag down due to a lack of support. I came across the HAF X and saw it had something to keep it up, but I would rather buy a cheaper case. Would it be better to get that case so my GPU can be supported? Would it be worth the money?

teaser

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2008
do you have the rear screw which holds the GPU to the back of the case installed......it really shouldnt be sagging...ive never had this problem my 680 is secured and tight and its a pretty big card on a miniatx board.....

melikepie

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2011
It's a Sapphire 7970 Vapor-X so it weighs a decent amount. It's mounted correctly but the thing is that a lot of graphics cards (including this one) sag down due to the only thing holding it up is the board. The HAF X has a thing which you can put it in to hold up a graphics card to prevent it from being out of place, which would help sagging. The thing is that I don't know if it's worth it since I'm not sure if sagging is bad. Any ideas?

What do you mean the only thing holding it up is the board? It should be attached at the back of the computer with 2 screws, or latches, depending on the type of case you have, that holds it securely in place, and would not allow it to sag.

Latest posts