[SOLVED] Is my graphics card seated properly?

Solution
Looks good to me, all of the copper connectors for the card are below the PCIe plastic, and it appears that the card is level, not one end higher than the other at the connector.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
View: https://imgur.com/a/FajOszV

everything seemed to run fine, been gaming on it for a day now. Just worried about damaging the connectors if it isn’t seated properly. Although so far no problems, just making sure I’m not making a mistake. Unfortunately I broke off the tab on the pcie slot so I can’t hear the click, which is usually a good signal.
It looks like it's seated properly.

Feb 20, 2021
Looks good to me, all of the copper connectors for the card are below the PCIe plastic, and it appears that the card is level, not one end higher than the other at the connector.
In the first picture, I’m not sure exactly what it is but my gpu covers whatever that small black box is with the orange arrow, almost completely. The small fan on top of it is half exposed, I’m just wondering if you know what that is by chance?

TheJoker2020

Commendable
Oct 13, 2020
In the first picture, I’m not sure exactly what it is but my gpu covers whatever that small black box is with the orange arrow, almost completely. The small fan on top of it is half exposed, I’m just wondering if you know what that is by chance?
Yes it is seated perfectly.

That small black box is the chipset heatsink (with fan), that will be just fine. There is a fair chance that the fan rarely spins up, it only does so when needed.

What is your motherboard.?

How many memory sticks do you have, and do you have an NVMe drive.?

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2021
Yes it is seated perfectly.

That small black box is the chipset heatsink (with fan), that will be just fine. There is a fair chance that the fan rarely spins up, it only does so when needed.

What is your motherboard.?

How many memory sticks do you have, and do you have an NVMe drive.?
oh okay yea it’s spinning now, asus tuf gaming x570-plusb(wi-fi) and 4 sticks of 16gb ddr4 3000 hz Ram

TheJoker2020

Commendable
Oct 13, 2020
Hmm If you’re talking about storage I do have a ssd and hdd, but I’m not too sure what that is you’re referencing. What does that have to do with the graphics card?
Nothing to do with the graphics at all, just that if you have an NVMe SSD it should be in the slot between the CPU and graphics card for optimal performance, and that slot is empty.

That is all.