Is my graphics card working at 100%?

Sinan_3

Commendable
Sep 3, 2016
Hey, i recently started playing new games and with msi afterburner i noticed when i toggled gpu usage and temp on, it wasn't always 100% and i'm not sure if it should be like that. The game is GTA V

r9 380 4gb sapphire
10gb ram
i7 950 3.07 ghz stock

Solution

Idk.

All I saw were two lines with the GPU load. If a doctor receives a patient's BP info and nothing else he'd not be able to answer many questions about the patient. He can however see that the patient doesn't have a fever. That would slow the GPU down. It's also known as GPU thermal throttling.
Far_Cry4_2016_11_08_22_14_29_543.jpg
shows a bit more complete picture. I can also see how my CPU was doing. I can see my core and memory clocks were where they should be with my GPU at 99%. I can see that I wasn't coming close to my RAM limit because I have 8GB installed and I was using less than 5GB. Some of my games I don't...

What does toggled gpu usage mean?

Does it mean you are using https://www.msi.com/page/afterburner to monitor your usage in real time?

Card and CPU are only to components which aren't stupid. They will only work as hard as they have to. They respond accordingly to the workload so energy isn't wasted.

You are downtown in a metropolitan area in lunch hour traffic taking in the sights. Your car may be in 2nd or third gear. Where are your RPMs? Hovering around 2-3000 or pegged at the redline or 6000RPM or more? No reason for the car's engine to be at 100% if the driver doesn't need that. Same applies to a PC.

While it may not always be at 100% it sounds as if it's working the way it should.

Sinan_3

Commendable
Sep 3, 2016
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Sinan_3 : "Graphics card MAYBE not working at full potential."

Hello, my graphics card doesn't seem to work 100%. I saw that in msi afterburner... I ticked gpu temp and usage so i can see it in game.

heres some screenshots http://imgur.com/a/zww1n
The first % will vary from 0% to 100% while the max i reached with the other one was 60%..
r9 380 4gb
i7 950 3.07ghz stock
10gb ram

Idk.

All I saw were two lines with the GPU load. If a doctor receives a patient's BP info and nothing else he'd not be able to answer many questions about the patient. He can however see that the patient doesn't have a fever. That would slow the GPU down. It's also known as GPU thermal throttling.
Far_Cry4_2016_11_08_22_14_29_543.jpg
shows a bit more complete picture. I can also see how my CPU was doing. I can see my core and memory clocks were where they should be with my GPU at 99%. I can see that I wasn't coming close to my RAM limit because I have 8GB installed and I was using less than 5GB. Some of my games I don't reach 60% GPU usage no matter what's going on.

You can reduce your settings including your resolution. That can increase FPS.

You can try to OC your CPU and GPU. That can increase FPS.

Why do you wan't to increase your FPS? There isn't an A and you are asking how to get B. What resolution do you play at? Is vsync off? FPS your aren't satisfied with? Have you bottomed out your settings including resolution to increase your FPS and then systematically increase them till you reach a balance of eye candy and performance.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts