Is my graphics card working correctly?

13_minutes

Reputable
Mar 27, 2015
I recently built my friends PC with him and there is something that doesn't really make sense to me.
My friend has a R9 270x and I have a R9 280x and his computer seems to preform better than mine in games. I have had my computer for about a month now. I have a dual monitor setup and he has only one but I have pretty bad monitors that use dvi but he has one good one that uses hdmi. His gpu is a Sapphire which is considered 'the amd brand' and mine is asus.

My friends PC:
Fx 6300
R9 270x

My PC:
fx 8350
R9 280x

Could someone explain this to me. If there is any more info you need please ask.
Thanks in advance.

ZeusGamer

Admirable
Have you tried using only one monitor at a time to see if your performance will be better than his? I mean, you do have two monitors, do you use the second one for gaming? If so, it's gonna take at least 4GB to drive multi-monitor setups like you have. From my understanding, R9 280X only has 3GB of VRAM.

13_minutes

Reputable
Mar 27, 2015

I use only one for gaming and the other one is kind of a side monitor I use to organize things better. But i guess that makes sense. I had a feeling that it was my second monitor...
Thanks for the help, but I tried with one monitor and its still running games at lower fps than it should.