[SOLVED] is my gtx 1050 ti dying?

Nov 8, 2019
hey, I've had this pc for almost a year and lately it has been acting weird specs:
intel core i5 8400
gtx 1050 ti
asus prime z370-p
evga 400w
16gb ram
my pc suddenly crashes while gaming (black screen or sometimes black screen with red lines) View: https://imgur.com/a/YDcVcVt

it mostly happens in loading screens sometimes the screen turns black but i can still hear the audio but sometimes i hear like electric noises or the audio just cuts
i tried reinstalling the Nvidia drivers. i installed the latest ones and still had the problem so i rolled back to older versions and still had the problem.
idk what to do plz help should i change my gpu? or can i fix this problem?

ProPlayerGR

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2016
hey, I've had this pc for almost a year and lately it has been acting weird specs:
intel core i5 8400
gtx 1050 ti
asus prime z370-p
evga 400w
16gb ram
my pc suddenly crashes while gaming (black screen or sometimes black screen with red lines) View: https://imgur.com/a/YDcVcVt

it mostly happens in loading screens sometimes the screen turns black but i can still hear the audio but sometimes i hear like electric noises or the audio just cuts
i tried reinstalling the Nvidia drivers. i installed the latest ones and still had the problem so i rolled back to older versions and still had the problem.
idk what to do plz help should i change my gpu? or can i fix this problem?
I'm pretty sure it's your psu. Make and model of your psu?

Reactions: shrivle
Nov 8, 2019
I'm pretty sure it's your psu. Make and model of your psu?
it's an evga 400w psu
IMG_20191108_135024.jpg

Before removing the card have a look at the back of your pc their should be a socket for your monitor to plug into the integrated card if you got one , if it works the graphics wont be very good but if the screen still looks like your photo then that will definitely confirm its the psu dying.

A local store killed my psu because they put in a better card on one of my rigs but did not check its damands on psu.

The rule of thumb for a card is this , check recommended psu then add 10% for high demand when screen gets "busy" and background running processes.

Nov 8, 2019
Before removing the card have a look at the back of your pc their should be a socket for your monitor to plug into the integrated card if you got one , if it works the graphics wont be very good but if the screen still looks like your photo then that will definitely confirm its the psu dying.

A local store killed my psu because they put in a better card on one of my rigs but did not check its damands on psu.

The rule of thumb for a card is this , check recommended psu then add 10% for high demand when screen gets "busy" and background running processes.
it works fine with the integrated even under heavy use