Is my gtx 970 temperature good or bad?

roudy-s

Reputable
Jan 21, 2017
Hello i have a msi gtx 970 4g gaming edition i bought it 2 years ago and it is a very good and powerfull graphic card my question is while i am playing call of duty ww2 and wolfenstein 2 the new colossus my gtx temperature goes up to 63-67° and sometimes to 70 but not more than 70° should i be worried or it is just fine to have this temperature under full load and high settings? And my gtx is at 33 to 40° on idle after about 1 hour i was installing the game it took 1 hour to install i checked my temperature the gtx was between 37 and 40° while idle for about 1 hour when i first boot my pc it was 27-30 and than it goes up. I have a cooler master cm 580 III mid tower with 2 fan in front and i have a cpu i5 750 wich is old and i am planing to upgrade it to an i7 and i have a thermaltake cpu fan( another question here my i5 is between 55 to 67° while playing on full load is that bad and on idle it is 33 to 35°) and i have an intel dp55wb motherboard and thank you very much.

Solution
GTX970 usually does not need thermal paste to be reapplied until certain age (GTX970 is not yet that old). Your GTX970s temp is ok. Leave it as it is. You can change the fan curve to start blowing 100% earlier using MSI Afterburner, if you want.

Proc (GPU too) temp differs depending on load, some games load it to 100% some do not.
Yeah like Paladin said, if temps are a concern, you can use Afterburner to create a custom fan cooling profile that will spin up the fans earlier/faster and get the temps down some. It will create more noise than you are used to however if that bothers you. But the temps themselves are fine, especially if you don't have a temp control set.

roudy-s

Reputable
Jan 21, 2017
sorry for the late reply no i don't overclock my cpu it is normal i have turbo boost enabled what is the highest temperature of CPU and a gtx than can reach during gaming? and btw today i was playing cod ww2 for about 2.30 hours and i was monitoring my temperature the gtx was at 68 to 75 degree on max but only 1 time it hit the 75 and my cpu was between 69 and 75 and one time it hits the 75 degree is this fine as a temperature and thank you and btw i don't know anything about the thermal past on a gtx do i need to change it or no i didn't open my gtx ever before it is still the same as i bought it from 2 years ago and i have applied thermal paste pie size on my cpu from 2 days i though it is because of the thermal paste that the temperature is high but i saw that in other games like assassins creed syndicate it wont get past 68 to 70 max on cpu and 65 on gtx am i fine and thank you very much.

GTX970 usually does not need thermal paste to be reapplied until certain age (GTX970 is not yet that old). Your GTX970s temp is ok. Leave it as it is. You can change the fan curve to start blowing 100% earlier using MSI Afterburner, if you want.

Proc (GPU too) temp differs depending on load, some games load it to 100% some do not.

Solution