Is my hard drive bad too?

curtis_10

Commendable
May 17, 2016
You guys remember me?. I made a thread a few weeks back about how i removed ram while my computer was on?. Well my question here is simple, i got my replacement motherboard my upgraded ram. Everything and tonight i was hard at work putting it all back together. First i screwed my motherboard along with the processor, thermal paste too with the dot method. A stock cooler, fit the new ram in. Hooked everything up from the power supply exactly as it should with the motherboard. Everything is working let me make that clear. The problem isnt the mobo, i went into my bios and everything is fine. The processor is working, the ram should be working otherwise i dont think i could do anything at all. The graphics card also works it spins up and displays video.

So i got everything working fine up until i tried to boot into my OS. When i tried to do that, it said it couldnt find my hard drive. Dont remember the exact words but i think it said something like, " Please switch to another bootable device?". Something like that, i tried switching sata cables that didnt work, took the one from my cd drive that was working and swapped it, that is how i know. Tried different slots, 0 through 4 on the mobo. Even tried the sata 3 port according to the motherboard model i am using, the busted one if you are curious i am using as kind of a guide for future reference. Anyway i also tried switching to legacy mode that didnt work, i tried going into bios and messing with the settings for my hard drive. Like fast boot for instance, and changing from uefi to legacy, i also TRIED to see if i had to change what my motherboard was trying to use like ide or sata. But it says its looking for sata connections?. At least i think.

So i seem to have narrowed this down to a bad hard drive, i really worked hard at trying to find out the culprit and it seems that is what is going on here. Just wanted your opinions, here is the motherboard make and model i am using in case it might help you guys come up with an answer,https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-Z97N-WIFI-rev-10#ov

curtis_10

Commendable
May 17, 2016

What i am trying to say is its not booting at all, it doesnt see the hard drive. I cant boot to it period, i can only use the bios. And i cant see it from there

Yes, HDD seems to be on the fritz.