[SOLVED] Is my hard drive broken?

dannzxdyt

Prominent
Jun 26, 2018
You should watch this video to see what problems I have. Also, sorry for my bad English.

So, I found a 1 TB hard drive from another PC a while ago and I decided to install it in my gaming PC that I use daily. Everything was fine until I noticed I had two separate 450-ish GB
hard drives instead of one 1000 GB hard drive. I searched online why, but I didn't really find anything. So I carried on with those two separate hard drives (I did not know anything about partitions at that time.) And I didn't really care that the hard drive was cut in two until I just randomly wanted one larger hard drive than two smaller. So I searched online how to do that, and I read I would have to move everything from one partition to the other and delete the partition that I emptied. Then I tried to extend the partition but I just got an error message on my screen that said "There is not enough space available on the disk(s) to complete this operation." So I thought that was very weird, because I did have 455 GB that just was unallocated space.
I again searched online for a solution, and I found out that "you can't extend a partition to the left". I felt dumb after I read that. But I carried on and didn't care more. One week later I'm in this situation. I have backed up all my data, and I decided to try to create a single new volume from both those unallocated partitions. But that did not work as you can see in the video. So I don't know what to do now and I need someones help. If you can, please help. Thanks!

I also noticed this was more of a story than an explanation of a problem I have. Sorry about that.

Edit:
The hard drive is a 1TB WD Blue

Solution
It was/is simply 2 partitions.

Copy whatever data you want to some other physical drive.
In Disk Management, delete all partitions on this drive, leaving one blank space.
You should then be able to create a nea partition using the whole space.
Format and give it a drive letter.

USAFRet

Titan

In Disk Management, delete all partitions on this drive, leaving one blank space.

Reactions: dannzxdyt
Solution

dannzxdyt

Prominent
Jun 26, 2018

Thank you so much man!