Status
Not open for further replies.

count-_onme

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2011
Something Extremely weird is happening to my hard drive. I have a 60gb SSD as my boot drive and a 1TB Seagate Barracuda as my secondary drive. I was using my computer when all of the sudden an error popped up saying "E:/Users/me/Desktop" cannot be found (I have my user folders on my hard drive). So I looked in my computer and the hard drive wasnt showing there anymore. So i thought maybe a sata cable fell out so I shut down my computer and checked and everything seemed to be fine. So then, just to be safe, I switched out the Sata cable and power cable that was going to the hard drive. I booted my computer up again and HOLY COW it was taking AGES to boot up. After ten minutes, it finally booted up, and everything was running SLOW AS HELL. I REALLY got scared when I went into device manager and saw that both of my video cards had Error 43 (Which usually means they are dead). My resolution was messed up and the hard drive was making a weird noise. I can describe it as a buzzing/beeping noise every 1 second. So I shut down my computer and removed the hard drive and booted up again and then EVERYTHING was fine. I put the Hard drive in my old pc and the same thing happened, except it wouldn't even boot. It was stuck on the BIOS splash screen.

CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHATS WRONG?

Status
Not open for further replies.