Question Is my hard drive dying?

May 19, 2019
Is my hard drive dying? It seems fine for the most part, no errors or blue screen but when loading games, WoW in particular it can take an incredibly long time. I've downloaded a SMART tool but I'm not sure how to interpret the data. This drive is almost 4 years old and holds games, movies and backups of virtual machines.

SMART Data:

View: https://imgur.com/a/iBhdGlP

Lutfij

Titan
How many partitions do you have on your 2TB Seagate HDD? Games tend to load slowly off of an HDD. Outside of the slow load times, does retrieving data from the HDD seem slower to you after 4 years, it might considering wear and tear + age.

May 19, 2019
Hi,

Thanks for such a quick response. According to Disk Management there are 2 partitions on the drive. D: which is system reserved and 350mb and F: which is 1.85tb and where everything is stored. I've only really started to notice slow loading since playing World of Warcraft, switching between loading screens and loading the User Interface can take a pretty long time. Loading Virtual Machines and using the other files stored on the drive seem to be ok. I'm just wondering if there are any immediate red flags that jump out in the image that indicate a failure or something serious?

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS