Question Is my hard drive dying?

Lutfij

Titan
How many partitions do you have on your 2TB Seagate HDD? Games tend to load slowly off of an HDD. Outside of the slow load times, does retrieving data from the HDD seem slower to you after 4 years, it might considering wear and tear + age.

May 19, 2019
Hi,

Thanks for such a quick response. According to Disk Management there are 2 partitions on the drive. D: which is system reserved and 350mb and F: which is 1.85tb and where everything is stored. I've only really started to notice slow loading since playing World of Warcraft, switching between loading screens and loading the User Interface can take a pretty long time. Loading Virtual Machines and using the other files stored on the drive seem to be ok. I'm just wondering if there are any immediate red flags that jump out in the image that indicate a failure or something serious?

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2020
Hello!

Its sad to hear that your having hard drive issues.
Your drive might be dying
Because hard drives only last about 5-10 years.
What i recommend doing is picking up an ssd and copying your data from the hard drive over to the SSD.
You will get faster loading times and you can pick up a 120GB SSD for about 20 bucks.