[SOLVED] Is my hard drive failing and causing BlueScreens?

Aug 20, 2021
Hello,
So as of late, about 3 to 4 days, i have being having constant BlueScreens (mostly while gaming) or games freezing and closing randomly and i havent being able to pinpoint where the issue is, i had added an 8gb memory stick to my other 8gb (2x4gb) and at first i thought it was broken or something, so i ran memtest86 on the new ram stick and it passed it, then checked both the cpu and gpu and they both passed the test
so my last assumption was my hard drive, i have a sdd+hdd setup, where i put windows on my sdd and games on my hdd, and since the problem happened 90% of the time when im gaming i suspected it was a failing hard drive, specially since i have had it for about 7 years now, but running multiple tests on it from multiple application and it passed them all, expect CrystalDiskInfo which gave me this result :
https://ibb.co/hB9xCLT
and from where i read online, this is a sign of a failing hard drive, but since the hard drive passed all the other tests, i got confused
somethings to note:
1- since a year or so, i have being experiencing alot of weird sttuetring and freezing during games, at first i thought it was my memory but after increasing it to 16gb i realized it's probably not memory
2-i have tried reinstalling windows from scratch but that didnt fix it
3- When i had to format my pc last time, i converted my ssd from MBR to GPT to be to install windows, could the bluescreen issue be it ?
so, my question is, is my hard drive failing and causing these bluescreen issues or could it
these are my specs:
Desktop
OS: Windows 10 Professional (x64) Build 19042.1165 (20H2)
CPU: Intel core i5-4440
Motherboard: ASUS B85-PRO GAMER
RAM:16 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1600 Mhz (2x4gb Corsair avexir and 1x8gb stick Kingston)
GPU: GIGABYTE Geforce GTX 970
HDD: 1 AVEXIR SSD 128GB + 1 ST1000DM003-1ER162 HDD 1TB
PSU: im not sure where can i see it but it's a thermaltake 800W one

Last edited:
Solution
after removing the new ram, the issue seems to be fixed, though i dont understand why, since the ram on it's own works just fine, and both my 8gb ram stick and (2x4)gb sticks have the same clock speed of 1600hz
The sticks just don't play nice together.
If you want 16GB of ram shop for 2x8GB kit.
Aug 20, 2021
And here's my pc specs:
Tablet/Laptop/Desktop/
CPU:
Motherboard:
RAM:
GPU:
HDD:
PSU
HWINFO from here https://www.hwinfo.com/download.php
there you go:
Desktop

Hello,
So as of late, about 3 to 4 days, i have being having constant BlueScreens (mostly while gaming) or games freezing and closing randomly and i havent being able to pinpoint where the issue is, i had added an 8gb memory stick to my other 8gb (2x4gb) and at first i thought it was broken or something, so i ran memtest86 on the new ram stick and it passed it, then checked both the cpu and gpu and they both passed the test
so my last assumption was my hard drive, i have a sdd+hdd setup, where i put windows on my sdd and games on my hdd, and since the problem happened 90% of the time when im gaming i suspected it was a failing hard drive, specially since i have had it for about 7 years now, but running multiple tests on it from multiple application and it passed them all, expect CrystalDiskInfo which gave me this result :
https://ibb.co/hB9xCLT
and from where i read online, this is a sign of a failing hard drive, but since the hard drive passed all the other tests, i got confused
somethings to note:
1- since a year or so, i have being experiencing alot of weird sttuetring and freezing during games, at first i thought it was my memory but after increasing it to 16gb i realized it's probably not memory
2-i have tried reinstalling windows from scratch but that didnt fix it
3- When i had to format my pc last time, i converted my ssd from MBR to GPT to be to install windows, could the bluescreen issue be it ?
so, my question is, is my hard drive failing and causing these bluescreen issues or could it
these are my specs:
Desktop
Do the blue screens go away if you remove the new 8GB stick?