Is my hard drive or BIOS chip dying?

HanzoHattori

Prominent
Apr 30, 2017
I am having a rather odd problem. I am inclined to believe that my hard drive is about to die. I've gotten the S.M.A.R.T. message two times during the past few days (the infamous backup and replace one), yet when i ran tests in the command prompt, it showed me that the system was OK. Now, i would have simply dismissed this as a random error if i didn't have so much trouble starting up my laptop. Most of the time, i get the following message.

No bootable device, insert boot disk and press any key, or something like that. I thought about going into BIOS and attempting to maybe change boot priority, or something like that? However, i wouldn't like to end up causing more trouble, since i myself am not quite sure of what i'm doing. The thing is, my laptop is still under warranty, since i bought it back in august, and id probably loose the right to a free repair ifi go fiddling into the commands. Likewise, i am going to stay in the middle of nowhere for quite some time now, so taking it to a shop is impossible. Anyone knows any solution? Likewise, if you are going to offer instructions on changing anything in BIOS, be so kind to make them as detailed as possible.

If it means anything, my system is running on w10.

Thanks in advance~

Solution
Backup anything important on there ASAP. In fact, anything important should always have a backup or two. The more copies you have the safer it is from being lost.

TRENDING THREADS