[SOLVED] Is my hardware good for streaming? Best settings?

Oct 10, 2019
I recently built a gaming PC to start my way into gaming on the PC. I generally play mostly on my xbox one.
I am now just starting to do some streaming on Mixer through my xbox one and I have done a few through my PC on streamlabs however im noticing that quality is meh at best. (Decent but not amazing) Eventually I want to get a capture card to stream my xbox onto my pc through streamlabs.
Here is what I got:
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
GPU: GTX 1050ti
RAM: 16gb
My internet is pretty good as well with upload speed consistent at 22-23 mbps
My main question, is this setup good for streaming? What settings would you recommend?
I appreciate any tips!

Last edited:
Solution
hmmmm, for the most part yes, it's good start for a streaming/gaming system. However, you will need a stronger GPU to have quality in game settings and allowing your stream to be of good quality too.

Your 1050ti is just about a capable 1080p card, throw in streaming and you will see just how bad gaming will be and what the stream looks like. It won't be pretty.

I would recommend a GTX1070 or higher for gaming and streaming, so that your game experience is good (as this will translate to the video) and the output quality of the stream is good enough to be viewed without dropped frames.

Settings wise, once you get an appropriate card with plenty of vram, then you can use the presets to figure out what looks best. Often these things are...
hmmmm, for the most part yes, it's good start for a streaming/gaming system. However, you will need a stronger GPU to have quality in game settings and allowing your stream to be of good quality too.

Your 1050ti is just about a capable 1080p card, throw in streaming and you will see just how bad gaming will be and what the stream looks like. It won't be pretty.

I would recommend a GTX1070 or higher for gaming and streaming, so that your game experience is good (as this will translate to the video) and the output quality of the stream is good enough to be viewed without dropped frames.

Settings wise, once you get an appropriate card with plenty of vram, then you can use the presets to figure out what looks best. Often these things are subjective, so only you can really decide what way to balance the settings.

Reactions: SpectreSW93
Solution
Oct 10, 2019

Settings wise, once you get an appropriate card with plenty of vram, then you can use the presets to figure out what looks best. Often these things are subjective, so only you can really decide what way to balance the settings.
Thank you! I appreciate the feedback :)

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead