[SOLVED] Is my hardware malfunctioning or is this some other problem? I need help to diagnose what is going on with my PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 6, 2021
I will try to be as clear and brief as I can about my problem. I have an older computer, I first built this computer back in January 2015 and I spent around 1400 to 1600 on the components. My computer just recently as of last week or so has started behaving very strangely. So the exact problem is this:

Some times almost randomly (I can not reproduce the error or behavior) just starts to type "ededed" over and over basically endlessly. No, none of the keyboard keys are stuck. I still have control on the keyboard meaning I can type other letters but it just keeps typing "edededed." I press the escape button and it still keeps on typing away. They only way I can get the thing to stop is by forcing a shutdown and starting my computer up again.
So the last time it happened I got the bright idea to just remove the keyboard from the usb port. But this resulted in even weirder behavior. So I found that once I removed the keyboard from the usb port the computer just starts to open new windows of my last used application program. And this is endless too, I basically have well over 50 new application windows and counting on my screen when this happens and the only way to stop it is to force the PC to shut down. Also the application does not matter either because it happened with the windows file explorer then next time with chrome and then this last time with firefox. Even weirder it happened with the windows searchbar on the toolbar where it says "Type here to search" right next to the windows button.

I have never seen a PC do this before and I have no clue as to what is going on with my PC!

Before you ask yes I checked my computer with malware-bytes for viruses and malware and it found nothing. I also have CCleaner and I cleaned the registry and memory but it still happens.

As a result of this I tried to use the Speccy program to see if there was any failures or over heating but I found everything was normal and in the green. I also attempted to check the device manager and see if there was out of date drivers or malfunctions and did not find anything there. I did not stop so I ran memory diagnostic test and defragmented my hard drive but to no avail. This issues does not happen all the time meaning every time I turn my PC on but it happens enough for me to notice and feel worried about the general life my computer has left!

Is the constant "force shutdown" damaging my PC and reducing what remaining life it has left?
Does this sound like a potential virus or malware any of you have come across before?
Is this a board level hardware malfunction? Or is the usb port itself malfunctioning?
Could a solution be something as simple as cleaning dust?
Does anybody here know what's going on with my PC?
Should I be worried about this and start saving to buy a new PC?

Thank you for reading, and have a great day/night as of when you are reading this!

Solution
Might be a long shot, but I’ve had a similar issue to this before, in which case I accidentally started recording a macro for my keyboard without knowing (I assume there was a shortcut with Logitech gaming software to do this) and would end up recording keystrokes for like 5 minutes. Some time later I would activate the macro by accidentally pressing the button it got assigned to which would cause unstoppable spam of WASD keys from playing a game. Took a few instances before I opened up LGS and realised what happened.

If the issue is always spamming “ededed” might be worth checking you haven’t accidentally made a macro for your keyboard/mouse (provided they are capable of this of course)

Colif

Win 11 Master
I will try to be as clear and brief as I can about my problem. I have an older computer, I first built this computer back in January 2015 and I spent around 1400 to 1600 on the components. My computer just recently as of last week or so has started behaving very strangely. So the exact problem is this:

Some times almost randomly (I can not reproduce the error or behavior) just starts to type "ededed" over and over basically endlessly. No, none of the keyboard keys are stuck. I still have control on the keyboard meaning I can type other letters but it just keeps typing "edededed." I press the escape button and it still keeps on typing away. They only way I can get the thing to stop is by forcing a shutdown and starting my computer up again.
So the last time it happened I got the bright idea to just remove the keyboard from the usb port. But this resulted in even weirder behavior. So I found that once I removed the keyboard from the usb port the computer just starts to open new windows of my last used application program. And this is endless too, I basically have well over 50 new application windows and counting on my screen when this happens and the only way to stop it is to force the PC to shut down. Also the application does not matter either because it happened with the windows file explorer then next time with chrome and then this last time with firefox. Even weirder it happened with the windows searchbar on the toolbar where it says "Type here to search" right next to the windows button.

I have never seen a PC do this before and I have no clue as to what is going on with my PC!

Before you ask yes I checked my computer with malware-bytes for viruses and malware and it found nothing. I also have CCleaner and I cleaned the registry and memory but it still happens.

As a result of this I tried to use the Speccy program to see if there was any failures or over heating but I found everything was normal and in the green. I also attempted to check the device manager and see if there was out of date drivers or malfunctions and did not find anything there. I did not stop so I ran memory diagnostic test and defragmented my hard drive but to no avail. This issues does not happen all the time meaning every time I turn my PC on but it happens enough for me to notice and feel worried about the general life my computer has left!

Is the constant "force shutdown" damaging my PC and reducing what remaining life it has left?
Does this sound like a potential virus or malware any of you have come across before?
Is this a board level hardware malfunction? Or is the usb port itself malfunctioning?
Could a solution be something as simple as cleaning dust?
Does anybody here know what's going on with my PC?
Should I be worried about this and start saving to buy a new PC?

Thank you for reading, and have a great day/night as of when you are reading this!
At that age I doubt you will hurt anything giving the innards a good cleaning.
A can of compressed air and a small brush.
Pay attention to the heat sinks and fans.....nice and clean.
Give the psu a few shots of air from both directions......blow the dust out of it.

OofBerry

Commendable
Apr 2, 2019
Might be a long shot, but I’ve had a similar issue to this before, in which case I accidentally started recording a macro for my keyboard without knowing (I assume there was a shortcut with Logitech gaming software to do this) and would end up recording keystrokes for like 5 minutes. Some time later I would activate the macro by accidentally pressing the button it got assigned to which would cause unstoppable spam of WASD keys from playing a game. Took a few instances before I opened up LGS and realised what happened.

If the issue is always spamming “ededed” might be worth checking you haven’t accidentally made a macro for your keyboard/mouse (provided they are capable of this of course)

Solution
Apr 6, 2021
Okay so I have a slight update.

I do not have a specialized keyboard with macros but I do have a razer naga mouse and when it happened again just before righting this message I unplugged both the keyboard and the razer naga mouse. I did them both separately. I did the keyboard first and saw no change then I did the mouse and it seemed to have stopped whatever is causing that weird behavior. Also I did not have to force restart once I did this which is great!

So I think @OofBerry may be on to something. However I do not have any macros setup on my razer naga so maybe it is a driver issue? I don't know, I will try to do some more diagnostics! I will keep you guys posted on what I find!

D

Deleted member 14196

I uninstall all the razor software and I bet your problems go away. Their software is the absolute worst

Colif

Win 11 Master
I don't use Razer hardware anymore because of Synapse. I used to have razer mouse/kb

It could be a bad mouse if its sending inputs it shouldn't be. Uninstalling Synapse may not be enough. its just the drivers.
Updating Synapse might fix it, see if any new firmware for mouse.

Naga entering random letters
Naga spamming 2 numbers
could be broken keypad, though 1st link he had 2 of the same mice and it happened on both.

Mar 16, 2022
sorry for the thread necromancy but I have the exact same issue. my Razer Naga starts sending "edededededededed" continually. Its not a macro, its not the keyboard, the on-screen keyboard can see the input and the E and D keys are shown as active on the on-screen keyboard.

No idea whatsoever what could cause this. I have removed synapse to see if it occurs again.

Colif

Win 11 Master
i would make a new thread with as much info as possible, you can link to this post but apart from a few people here, not many people look at older threads.

could be mouse, tried it on another PC to see if it replicates it?

Status
Not open for further replies.