Question Is my HD7950 busted?

Jun 19, 2019
Hi, I've had my PC for a long time now (about 6 years) and in that time the only thing I've changed is adding an SSD so I've been pretty lucky. However unfortunately I think my GPU may be dead. Now realistically I could use an upgrade but I'm a poor student and I'm already spending my whole summer working full time so I'd rather make sure that I need a new one before I do anything.

So the issue began a few weeks ago and really wasn't anything major. Sometimes when I was using sites like twitter o youtube with a lot of images/videos on screen at once, I would have microfreezes but I fixed this by disabling hardware acceleration and I didn't think much more about it. I then started having these same freezes sometimes when I was playing games which is when I began to worry. Yesterday I transported my PC home and I think the journey has finally killed it off because today I've started getting weird artefacts. When I try to play football manager after a few minutes the game completely locks and the image gets all screwed up and covered in dots. Now these artefacts are even appearing just on desktop in the form of weird coloured dots and random black bars.

I downloaded the latest drivers but this hasn't resolved the issue. I have very little troubleshooting experience so I'd love to hear what you think may be the issue. I've included a picture of my desktop and speccy if that's any help, I believe the Motherboard temp is inaccurate as it doesn't change whatsoever while the others fluctuate but if it's correct that could well be the issue.

lOIsJ2Y.jpg

DpL9gWY.png

lux1109

Reputable
BANNED
Apr 30, 2019
Could be a bad monitor cable or you need to clean the dirt out of your GPU fan and reseat it especially after moving it form one place to another. Make sure all your cables a plugged insecurely.
No...This isn't a monitor cable, or monitor issue. The card might be dead as mentioned above by other members. looks like vram problem,.