Vyktrii

Honorable
May 29, 2014
So i had a 4 year old seagate 1TB internal HDD , it was slowing down for like a month or so , then 3-4 days ago it started giving me very loong loading time in games , i decided to format it using the normal mode and not quick format , I read online that it would take like 3-4 hrs , but when i started formatting it , it reached around 15% in 6hrs , so i cancelled it , I tried quick formatting but it had 0% progress for the past hour , now i dont understand what to do

PS: The Read / Write speed were very low , it reached 100% usage in like 2-4mbps write speed , i checked through task manager
PPS: I checked through crystal disk and the SMART health showed 95%
PPPS: I tried defragmenting it yesterday as it was 18% fragmented but it still didnt help in making it faster

USAFRet

Titan
Yeah, but Seagate has the highest average failure rate in the industry according to Backblaze....
Yes.
In usage conditions unrealistic for the general consumer.

Average fleetwide statistics have little to do with a users single instance of a product.
If I were to go by my personal experience, it would be "Avoid WD at all costs".
(Because I had one die at 5 weeks out of the box.)

Or Sandisk SSD. Died 33 days past the 3 year warranty period. Dead dead dead.
(Sandisk did me a solid and gave me a new one anyway)

ALL storage devices are subject to dying. This is where a good backup routine comes into play.
A dead drive should never involve loss of data.

When it dies, replace, and recover your data from the backup you made before it died.