[SOLVED] Is my HDD failing or is my PSU weak ?

Vodoinstalater

Honorable
Jan 18, 2015
Hello everyone, I am having some weird problem with my PC now. Whenever I play a heavy game my Motherboard would beep once, and continue beeping over time, At first I thought it had to be RAM because I have really old and weak ddr3 RAM. But then I notice that my partitions from a specific HDD just dissapear, like they have been disconnected, but they reconnect after a reboot. And after running some tests I can only see that all my HDD and SSD are in hood health, so I am wondering, is this fault of weak PSU or RAM or HDD Failing ?

Solution
Could be power, could be related to the HDD itself.... Could also be SATA ports on the motherboard. Not enough information to tell.

The beep codes will be telling you something. They're described as "# short, # long" beeps... and we'd cross-reference with your motherboard to verify. Continuous short beeping at regular intervals typically relates to RAM.

Please post your full system specs, including model numbers. CPU/MB/RAM/Storage/GPU/PSU.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Could be power, could be related to the HDD itself.... Could also be SATA ports on the motherboard. Not enough information to tell.

The beep codes will be telling you something. They're described as "# short, # long" beeps... and we'd cross-reference with your motherboard to verify. Continuous short beeping at regular intervals typically relates to RAM.

Please post your full system specs, including model numbers. CPU/MB/RAM/Storage/GPU/PSU.

Solution