[SOLVED] Is my HDD failing?

Andrewbandrew05

Reputable
Jun 30, 2019
So as I write this I am running chkdsk on my HDD. I have been having a lot of page_fault_in_non_paged_area BSODs, causing me to remove OC on my ram. My ram seems to be running stable(I am also running prime 95 for memory as I run this), so I am assuming its my HDD. If my HDD does end up having bad clusters, can I still use it just ban the sectors somehow? Is there an easy reliable way I can transfer files to anew HDD or will I just have to re-download all my games? If I do need a new HDD which one should I buy? I want a 2tb 72000rpm HDD.

If it helps I think I have this HDD. If it is not this exact one it is extremely similar.
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/mw...tb-35-7200rpm-internal-hard-drive-st2000dm008

Solution
A quick peek with CrystalDiskInfo will let you know if the drive is already having to reallocate sectors/senses any problems, etc...

Might want to run your RAM tests 2666 MHz, 2933 MHz, etc)at some conservative speeds first to establish what speeds are stable. (I think many folks think every CPU and mainboard can just slap in some 3600 MHz RAM, and be off to the proverbial races, but, there are/can be a few issues with such an approach,)
A quick peek with CrystalDiskInfo will let you know if the drive is already having to reallocate sectors/senses any problems, etc...

Might want to run your RAM tests 2666 MHz, 2933 MHz, etc)at some conservative speeds first to establish what speeds are stable. (I think many folks think every CPU and mainboard can just slap in some 3600 MHz RAM, and be off to the proverbial races, but, there are/can be a few issues with such an approach,)

Solution