[SOLVED] Is my HP 15s laptop good enough ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hd_scania

Commendable
Feb 17, 2021
Hardware info:
HP 15s laptop £599.9 (GBP)

Ryzen 5500U with Radeon APU 6C12T
1080p screen 15.6’’ with discrete Radeon
29.8GiB RAM's £129.9
3.63TiB NVMe SSD £369.99

OS: Artix; Void; FreeBSD 13-STABLE; Calculate; Mocaccino; Funtoo; Venom ...

I run the laptop for playing retro games by Mednaffe, like SRW OG and before; TEKKEN vs Street Fighter; TEKKEN ≤6; Street Fighter ≤4; and so on ... And also live streams and post-edits of those gameplays which will be uploaded to YouTube

PS Why are some people also insisting on being irrational towards HP? HP has a rather good reputation from those local communities i'm with.

Solution
Hey there,

Well ' good enough' is very subjective. It might be perfect for your needs, but may not for someone else.

Regardless, the laptops is a decent low-mid level 1080p 60hz. It's not spectacular in terms of performance. Not great at gaming, but not completely unplayable.

If you get the performance that you need, then that is all that matters.

Are you having performance related problems.

As for HP laptops in general, I've had a few in my time. Latest is HP Omen 15, which I love. None of the 3 HP laptops I've had have caused me issues. It would be fair to say that HP's previous reputation in build quality was sometimes lacking. However, that has changed now, and HP offer some of the best gaming laptops out there (IMO).
Hey there,

Well ' good enough' is very subjective. It might be perfect for your needs, but may not for someone else.

Regardless, the laptops is a decent low-mid level 1080p 60hz. It's not spectacular in terms of performance. Not great at gaming, but not completely unplayable.

If you get the performance that you need, then that is all that matters.

Are you having performance related problems.

As for HP laptops in general, I've had a few in my time. Latest is HP Omen 15, which I love. None of the 3 HP laptops I've had have caused me issues. It would be fair to say that HP's previous reputation in build quality was sometimes lacking. However, that has changed now, and HP offer some of the best gaming laptops out there (IMO).

Reactions: hd_scania
Solution

hd_scania

Commendable
Feb 17, 2021
The Ryzen 5500U mobile APU on that HP laptop still overperforms outperforms its Intel alternative, i7-1165G7
Ryzen 5500U has 12 hw threads but i7-1165G7 just has 8, a higher number of threads matters for where that HP laptop outperforms the HP i7-1165G7 counterparts, when all threads are running jobs.
Though still low-mid end for some people, but fair to myself for its higher CPI than the i7 counterparts.☺

hd_scania

Commendable
Feb 17, 2021
Those ‘‘most graphically demanding’’ PC games still aren't such an overload for that HP laptop with an 6C12T Ryzen APU, 29.8GiB RAM’s, and at least 480GiB SSD’s ATM (at this moment)

Status
Not open for further replies.