[SOLVED] Is my i5-8600k in good condition

Dec 17, 2018
Hi guys, so recently i just build a computer (my first PC) with the Specification of

Intel core I5-8600k with 3.6Ghz boost to 4.3Ghz
MSI Z370 Tomahawk Motherboard
Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1080 G1 Gaming
Corsair 2x8 DDR4 2666Mhz RAM
Dark rock Pro 4 Air CPU cooler
Corsair TX650m 80+ gold certified Power Supply
Samsung 970Evo nVme M.2 SSD
1Tb Seagate HD

and after going 3 months with all stock & doing research about overclocking, i decided to overclock especially my CPU. Firstly i overclock to 4.5Ghz up all the way to 4.8Ghz (which i found to be the sweet spot for my cpu)

my final bios settings :

Core multiplier 48
Fixed multiplier
Cpu Voltcore 1.26
AVX to auto ( 0 )
LLC Mode 4 (which sometimes bumps my vcore to 1.272 when full load)
XMP on
and the other settings are default from the bios

i did my stability testing using
-Intelburner test version 2.54 (stable with very high test) with max temps around 82-85c
-Aida64 (ran for around 30-40 mins) max temps around 68c
-Prime95 version 26.6 (small FFTs for around 30-40mins) max temps around 72c

and i Only use my PC for gaming (not streaming, not rendering video or editing).

my most demanding game is Battlefield V with temps around 58-63c under full load.

I just want to make sure if im doing everything right, will my CPU last for like 5-6 years? because by that time i probably upgraded my rig already to a better one.

Please let me know if theres anything that i do wrong. Any advice would be appriciated, Thanks

*sry if any wrong grammar, english is not my native language

Solution
It does utilize AVX, as do later Prime versions, and Aida64 etc - unless you use AVX sets in your workloads, the temps achieved while running these sets are mostly irrelevant.

What truly matters is the load temps you see, in the workloads you perform. While you may occassionally peak above the temps you see in BF5, it does sound like mid 60's are where you're leveling out - and that's perfectly fine.
Dec 17, 2018
@barty1884 yes, i dont know for some reason intelburner puts the temperature so high. from what i read on the other forum you shouldnt use intelburner cause it uses AVX. not really sure if i can rely on that but yeah i surpass that test

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
It does utilize AVX, as do later Prime versions, and Aida64 etc - unless you use AVX sets in your workloads, the temps achieved while running these sets are mostly irrelevant.

What truly matters is the load temps you see, in the workloads you perform. While you may occassionally peak above the temps you see in BF5, it does sound like mid 60's are where you're leveling out - and that's perfectly fine.

Solution
Dec 17, 2018
@Barty1884 thanks for your response. Yes, it is stable around 58-63c max (i can tell by looking at the chart on CPU Temperature using MSIAfterburner) but However, sometimes (very not often) i see random bumps in temperature(maybe 0.01%) to like 72c, i notice it from the data of max temperature using HWMonitor & msi afterburner, but i cant seem to find that temperature bump on the chart. Is that normal?