Question Is my iD-Cooling Chromaflow 240 rgb dead?

nTudor

Commendable
Mar 16, 2020
Last week temps were fine, yesterday when I powered up my pc, idle temps for cpu are 60-70c . No settings were changed in bios, etc.

Do I need another cooler? If so, which one you’d recommend? Budget £60

thank you very much!

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Slow down, just a little bit, please.
Run Cinebench R23 thermal test(it's not necessary to let it finish). During it, confirm both fans(and others) are spinning, feel and compare both tubes:
A)Good liquid flow: there is a very subtle difference, or no practical difference in how they feel.
B)Poor liquid flow: there is a very noticeable 'this one's hot, that one's cold' difference.

Can't recommend anything without at least knowing what the chassis is, in case potential suggestions are too big.

nTudor

Commendable
Mar 16, 2020
Slow down, just a little bit, please.
Run Cinebench R23 thermal test(it's not necessary to let it finish). During it, confirm both fans(and others) are spinning, feel and compare both tubes:
A)Good liquid flow: there is a very subtle difference, or no practical difference in how they feel.
B)Poor liquid flow: there is a very noticeable 'this one's hot, that one's cold' difference.

Can't recommend anything without at least knowing what the chassis is, in case potential suggestions are too big.
Hello mate. Thank you very much for your reply.
I haven’t run the test yet but I can confirm that all the fans are spinning.
Also can confirm that one pump is warm and the other one is cold.
My pc case is: SilentiumPC Signum SG1V EVO TG ARGB

There is another thing; a few months back the rgb for the thing that goes on top of the cup kinda changed colours 70% of the circle is one colour and 30% another colour. Same goes for some of my front case fans. Also when I shut down the pc, all rgbs goes off except the cpu rgb. I’ll leave a few screenshots they’re helpful.

https://ibb.co/TtCqZbx
https://ibb.co/kBtXDbF
https://ibb.co/Xk5BD9H

if I have to buy another AIO cooler, I could expand to £100

thank you!

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
They're just tubes - the pump is in the small waterblock.

Put another AIO on hold. Get an air cooler, so you have something to lean on the next time an AIO fails. They only last so long, plus that length can vary.
Deepcool AK620
Scythe FUMA 2
Thermalright Frost Spirit 140
be quiet! Dark Rock 4

nTudor

Commendable
Mar 16, 2020
Thank you. What about the fans from the AIO, they must help the airflow. If I get air cooler, i\ll have to buy another two fans for the top of the case?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Thank you. What about the fans from the AIO, they must help the airflow. If I get air cooler, i\ll have to buy another two fans for the top of the case?
They don't always help. They are primarily up there for the benefit of the gpu, at the detriment of the cpu.
If the gpu already runs toasty, leave 'em up there. If not, take 'em out and store for backup.

nTudor

Commendable
Mar 16, 2020
Idle has lots of variance and doesn't matter as much as load temperatures.
Thank you very much for your answers and time man! Much appreciate it.
One last thing; do you really think the cooler is almost busted? Is there anything I could do to fix it before I go for a purchase?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Is there anything I could do to fix it before I go for a purchase?
Most AIOs aren't user-serviceable. It was more common with the earliest generations, but they gradually moved away from that.
Alphacool is the only brand I know of that's completely user-serviceable; a couple other brands allow for refills, but once the pump goes, it's still game over.

Reactions: nTudor

nTudor

Commendable
Mar 16, 2020
Most AIOs aren't user-serviceable. It was more common with the earliest generations, but they gradually moved away from that.
Alphacool is the only brand I know of that's completely user-serviceable; a couple other brands allow for refills, but once the pump goes, it's still game over.
Thank you very much for the answers and recommendations, much appreciate your help and time! If I would like to go for another AIO, which one you’d recommend for that case? CPU is ryzen 5 3600.