[SOLVED] Is my integrated GPU interfering with my Dedicated GPU?

chumlee231101

Prominent
Aug 24, 2019
Everyday, My PC keeps crashing after pressing Power ON Button. After crashing around 8-9 times, it starts.
For more details: https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...t-crashing-10-seconds-after-it-boots.3516820/
Finally, After a lot of trial and error, like using different power supplies, changing Ram sticks, etc., I figured out,
When I took out my GPU (GTX 1050ti) and Powered ON my PC, it just started fine. Then again, I inserted the GPU, and my PC again crashed 5-6 times before starting.
Repeated the same process twice and the results were same.

Specs:
i5 4440s 2.8GHz
8 GB HyperX Fury
Gigabyte GTX -1050 ti 4 GB
Mobo- Gigabyte B85M-D3H
PSU- Corsair VS-550

Is there some problem regarding Integrated and Dedicated GPU ?

PS: There's nothing wrong with Graphic Card, cause before it, I had GT 730, and faced the same problem.

Please Help.
Thanks

Lutfij

Titan
How many PSU's have you tried and what were the make and models of the units tried? The unit you currently have is not something I'd have in a computer on any given day.

To add, the test you carried out indicates that the PSU is incapable of delivering the necessary power for the entire system while a discrete GPU is populating the system. The issue is your PSU.

Reactions: hopsteriam

hopsteriam

Reputable
Mar 12, 2018
I would sway towards the PSU as stated by Lutfij. Corsair are good but they do wear out in time and a 550 is a bit weak for a dedicated gpu like yours. I will not go below 750 watts after my Thermaltake 600 w died after 5 years. It gave me similar issues before it sparked, let out a loud boom and died.
2nd Pci slot is worth a try. Will cost you nothing but a bit of time but remember the 2nd PCIe slot on many Motherboards only run at 8 times or 4 times instead of 16.

Reactions: chumlee231101

boju

Titan
Ambassador
It's possible. Updating bios has worked for some.

Follow instructions from the mobo's website support page for Bios. Expand the list of Bios revisions to see instruction notes and determine if update order is needed.

Update Bios in the Bios not in Windows. Load Bios optimised defaults afterwards.

TRENDING THREADS