[SOLVED] Is my keyboard reparable ?

May 11, 2020
Hi !
So, one week ago I spilled water on my keyboard laptop, I instantenly dried my pc with a towel. After 15 minutes of use, I noticed that some of my keys weren't working (for example if I press "a" it wrote "a0"), slighty panicked I immediately shut down my pc. After waiting a few minutes, I turn it back on, and surprise, my keyboard worked !

However, this miracle doesn't last, and my keyboard stopped working quickly again. Now, one week after, my keyboard is unsuable. Apart of the keyboard everything works quite well, so I'm guessing that only the keyboard is affected, and all the others compenents of my pc are working.

So I have a few questions.
How come that my keyboard worked for a few minutes after I splilled water on it ?
And is my keyboard ruined because I switch on my computer without waiting that my PC was REALLY dry ? I'm quite ashamed of myself to be honest, because I quickly noticed that it wasn't working but I kept playing on my computer regardless of the accident I was like "no biggie last time when I turned it off it was working hihi" and I despise myself for that lmao.

And if my keyboard is ruined (which is 100% sure I guess) do you guys know approximately how much it will cost ? I don't know if you need the reference of my pc or anything...
And I have an Asus, do I have to look for a repairer who is acknowledged by Asus ?
Thanks in advance, and sorry for the weird language and bad grammar I'm not a native

Last edited:
Solution
You can have failing components months after liquid spill, best caution for now would be either check the motheboard for liquid signs or let professional do this.
Any computer repair place can handle this situation, its only basically cleaning the parts affected with isoprophyl alcohol (unless there is chips damaged), it might just be the keyboard which is a goner.

For future events always remove power cable and disconnect battery from the laptop / or disasssembly until you can disconnect battery connector from the motherboard, "drying" method doesnt work for liquid like coca cola etc only water.
You can have failing components months after liquid spill, best caution for now would be either check the motheboard for liquid signs or let professional do this.
Any computer repair place can handle this situation, its only basically cleaning the parts affected with isoprophyl alcohol (unless there is chips damaged), it might just be the keyboard which is a goner.

For future events always remove power cable and disconnect battery from the laptop / or disasssembly until you can disconnect battery connector from the motherboard, "drying" method doesnt work for liquid like coca cola etc only water.

Solution