Question Is my Kraken x53 dead?

jacob249358

Commendable
Sep 8, 2021
So, I turned on my pc this morning, and after about 10 minutes my radiator fans were going nuts. So I checked my CPU temp and it was like 90c Normally 75 under heavy load. And I don't even have my side panel on my PC so I reached in and the tubes near the pump and there wasn't the normal vibration. So now I think it's dead. I shut down the pc and unplug it and reseat the pump header plug. Turn it back on and it doesn't work still. Ive only had it for like a month or so. Any troubleshooting options?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I'd tell you to go into CAM and max out the pump speed, but it should already be doing that alongside the fans when the cpu gets that hot...
-see if the screws securing the block to the cpu haven't come loose. Ditto for the backplate. Remount both.
-contact NZXT and let 'em know what's up. Hope you have a backup cooler too...

Not many ways to troubleshoot AIOs. Either a contact issue, which you can do something about(screws and paste)... or a pump issue, which you can do little about(most aren't user-serviceable)...

jacob249358

Commendable
Sep 8, 2021
Gosh just got home from a million different things. Thanks for the reply. Luckily I've got my stock cooler so I will install that tomorrow. Remounted the cooler still nothing. Time for a fun conversation with CS