[SOLVED] Is My laptop CPU replacable?

Dec 28, 2018
Hello guys,
My Laptop Is: Toshiba Satellite C655
CPU: Intel Core i3-2350M 2.30GHz
CLICK TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THIS PROCESSOR

My laptop shut it self down when I play huge size files (bluray discs) or simply when it's processing heavy duties.
In back years it wasn't doing these kind of behaviour.
And also sometimes it simply shuts down after a few seconds when I turn the laptop on.
The fan also is going very fast all time during the laptop is on.
I don't think it's because of overheating, I think it's because of CPU, the CPU has done its job for 7 years, so it should be the CPU.

So I thought I better replace the CPU to a new one, it doesn't have to be more powerful, I just want the same CPU as it is already.

Dec 28, 2018

I do noticed that as soon as I start playing a huge size file or opening Google Chrome with 10 tabs on it, and suddenly it goes down.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
That is from heat throttling, most likely (the fast fan speed is an indicator as well), from the heavier processing load. Have you cleaned the dust from this system (inside) before? Has the thermal compound on the heatsink(s) been changed?

Dec 28, 2018

okay, now you've got my attention.
I remember once (maybe 3 years ago) , I took apart my laptop to clean the dust from it, and I cleaned it actually, but when I started gathering pieces back, after I presses the START button, it just shut down, I tried many times, but it didn't work, had to go to maintenance to fix it.