[SOLVED] Is my laptop original?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Apr 15, 2020
Hey, everyone! I have a laptop here bought it about 8 or 9 years ago..... This is an ASUS K55A-SX096R! I tried searching it for google but it won't came up. I have a seal in here.. It has two seals that can't be removed these are the seals: https://ibb.co/48m72GL
It has the microsoft certification and asus seal but isn't this laptop a counterfeit? I want to update the BIOS chip, but I'm afraid that i will corrupt the BIOS... I have a bios version of 204 but in finding it in asus website the 204 bios isn't listed upon starting up windows, it shows and its logo is asus.... I want to update the bios but I can't because of this... Sorry for the grammar...

Solution
Completely different maybe just due to the risk of things getting screwed in case electricity stops, as bios updating shouldn't be interrupted in any way. What bios updates themselves may 'screw' is generally 'fixed' by resetting bios, if any problem really happens.
Why don't you actually give me sample(s), when bios really has lead to real problems and damage? I don't pretend to call myself smart, I just wonder what, and why?

In fact, I had some issues with windows updates, while never having a problem , or seen a problem with bios updates.
If being too worried, go get an UPS. Ensures that things will not go wrong in case electricity stops (which is probably a happening once per two years - exactly when u update ur bios???).
And...
Completely different maybe just due to the risk of things getting screwed in case electricity stops, as bios updating shouldn't be interrupted in any way. What bios updates themselves may 'screw' is generally 'fixed' by resetting bios, if any problem really happens.
Why don't you actually give me sample(s), when bios really has lead to real problems and damage? I don't pretend to call myself smart, I just wonder what, and why?

In fact, I had some issues with windows updates, while never having a problem , or seen a problem with bios updates.
If being too worried, go get an UPS. Ensures that things will not go wrong in case electricity stops (which is probably a happening once per two years - exactly when u update ur bios???).
And if you are going to think too much, then see if really the update will help u, as there is usually info for the different bios versions, for what they exactly improve.
But I wouldn't even look at that and simply 'd do it.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS