Is my laptop possible to get a another SSD

May 7, 2021
Hello I am thinking if I could put in another SSD into my Lenovo IdeaPad 3 15ARE05. Currently I have a ST1000LM035-1RK172 1 TB SATA Gen3 HDD, and a tiny 128GB M.2 NVME SSD Boot drive. I use my HDD as a general storage, videos, pics, and other games. I play competitive games, mostly Valorant, and it's currently installed into my SSD so that it boots faster and runs better, as it is a competitive shooter that i mainly play, I maximized performance by installing it into my SSD and not on my HDD, it's the only game installed into my SSD. Now ofcourse as all competitive shooters, it gets updates every single time, and the more it gets updates the bigger the game got, and it's now gotten to a point where I had to reduce my own system's pagefile to it's bareminimum in my SSD so I could fit this game into my SSD.

What i am thinking is it possible to add another SSD to my laptop? I couldn't get any definite answer to this, as is there another M.2 slot where i could put in another SSD?

JWNoctis

Respectable
Jun 9, 2021
There doesn't seem to be another M.2 slot useful for SSD in your laptop, not in what I could find.

I think your best option so far is to replace your current SSD with a larger one. Buy an enclosure too so you can clone your system over and reuse your current SSD as an external drive.

orlbuckeye

Distinguished
It might have been possible 10 years ago when laptops were big and had lots of room. Todays laptops are built slim and light and to run cool. Back in 2010 you had the gaming laptops with SLI graphics and 3 drive slots and 18" screens.

Dec 15, 2021
Hello I am thinking if I could put in another SSD into my Lenovo IdeaPad 3 15ARE05. Currently I have a ST1000LM035-1RK172 1 TB SATA Gen3 HDD, and a tiny 128GB M.2 NVME SSD Boot drive. I use my HDD as a general storage, videos, pics, and other games. I play competitive games, mostly Valorant, and it's currently installed into my SSD so that it boots faster and runs better, as it is a competitive shooter that i mainly play, I maximized performance by installing it into my SSD and not on my HDD, it's the only game installed into my SSD. Now ofcourse as all competitive shooters, it gets updates every single time, and the more it gets updates the bigger the game got, and it's now gotten to a point where I had to reduce my own system's pagefile to it's bareminimum in my SSD so I could fit this game into my SSD. Target MyBalanceNow

What i am thinking is it possible to add another SSD to my laptop? I couldn't get any definite answer to this, as is there another M.2 slot where i could put in another SSD?

I think your best option so far is to replace your current SSD with a larger one. Buy an enclosure too so you can clone your system over and reuse your current SSD as an external drive.

TRENDING THREADS