[SOLVED] Is my laptop specs enough to run larest games

Jan 14, 2019
I bought a gaming laptop last december its specs is i7 7700hq 2.80 4gb ram gtx 1050 2gb can it run the latest games smoothly?

Solution
You are going to have issues with a lot of games with 4gb RAM. If you upgrade to a minimum of 8gb but ideally 16gb your system will run all games at 1080p as long as you don’t push the settings too high.

tiaan_strauss

Proper
Jan 12, 2019
Hi :)

The 1050Ti isnt really aimed at running games high settings 1080p 60 FPS, you will need to lower graphic quality settings to low & medium.

For the most part it will run esports games quite nicely at higher quality settings like CSGO, Overwatch, League of Legends, Dota etc

In general with the new AAA games it might struggle a bit & youll need to tweak the settings a bit to get a good playable experience, but some games however are just very demanding, games like Tomb Raider, Assasins Creed will struggle on the 1050Ti regardless which settings you use. Im guessing a game like Fortnite will run at low to medium settings quite nicely.

All games are different & some games rely on your CPU quite a bit so youll need to experiment. A game like Battlefield 5 is very well optimised & wven with a 1050Ti youll be able to get 60FPS by tweaking some settings.

All the best