Is my laptop worth repairing?

Pirave

Reputable
Mar 2, 2014
I have an Asus X5dij. And it has a few problems (tbh its been finicky ever since i bought it, and really should have taken it back while in guarantee) .

Currently the main problem is it freezing, mainly during youtube videos. There is a loud buzzing the video and mouse freeze and you can sometime hear the video playing as if majorly slowed down. Very occasionally this leads to blue screening. It also gets alot warmer than it used to, and the insides/fan themselves have buzzed...

I have done some research on this on the internet and not really find anything conclusive (that i understand) Some things suggest it is the fan?
(They used the abbreviation PSU, which when i search just comes up with power supply unit which im sure is not what they mean)

I have opened up the back and found a huge clog of dust in the back and i have cleaned it out as best i can. This has increased the air flow out the back but in my opinion is still not back to full capacity.

The forums i looked at seemed to think if this is prolonged and the fan is not replaced, my laptop will fail.

What i want to know is.. if this has been going on for a while is it likely to have broken other things?
The laptop is pretty old now, over and i three years. Parts seem to be hard to find, at least i'm struggling. And i'm not sure if it's going to cost alot to keep replacing things, whether it would just be better to run it into the ground instead and replace it when i can?

Sorry for the long post.
I hope someone can help :wahoo: