Question Is my laptops ssd dying?

bacwrds

Honorable
Nov 7, 2017
I have this old HP Pavilion dv7 that has really been struggling as of recently. The idle temp for the cpu was hovering around 60c and would shoot up to 80c under load (by load I mean firefox), which would then bring the computer to a crawl and practicality crash it as it was so slow. So I thought maybe It just needed a good cleaning and some new thermal paste, although now after thinking about it having torn the whole things apart, I was wondering of maybe the ssd is dying. Because I used to play plenty of games on it with 60fps (albeit settigns down im sure), but now I can even play left 4 dead 2 at 10fps with the settings all the way down at 640x480 resolution. My next steps are going to be 1. dusting the whole thing out. 2. New thermal paste. 3. reinstalling windows as I'm also wondering if maybe the OS is just bad.

Before I start my restoration "project" does anybody think that maybe something else is wrong like the ssd?
Like I said before I used to have no issues with the laptop but now even on the desktop the mouse is jutting around due to the lag.

Sep 30, 2019
Hi,

You have to check below listed things first:
1) Check your ssd health in terms of HDD and bad blocks. there are some points to check a i have listed below;
A file cannot be read and write to the hard drive.
your laptop need to be repaired.
frequent errors due to moving files.
2)files cannot be read or write.
  1. check it out all your files need to close properly before shutting down your laptop.
  2. Frequent crashes during boot.
  3. Your drive becomes read only.

Check above symptoms to get to know that whether ssd is working or not