Question Is my Lenovo laptop dead?

May 11, 2019
I have an old Lenovo B50-70 i5. About 2 days ago when I went to turn the laptop on I got a message along the lines of "the checksum does not match, BIOS potentially corrupted" I'm paraphrasing because I can't remember the exact message.
Since then I havent gotten the laptop to start, even when I spam F8 I can't get the BIOS to show up. I don't get any logos or any picture on the laptop screen.
When I press power the power switch light comes on. The fan spins. But then after about 2 minutes of no picture the laptop shuts down.

Its an old laptop and I've no idea what I would have done to cause this but I woulen't be surprised if its dead.

I havent installed any new software or hardware in the run up to this.

Its windows 7 64 bit if that helps.

Thanks

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
"The checksum does not match, BIOS potentially corrupted" typically is something corrupt in the OS Boot i.e Drivers normally and could be resolved by running a recovery from USB or DVD. You would need to change the boot order which is Fn + F12 . To access the BIOS it's actually Fn + F2

Make a bootable OS on a USB drive then change your Boot Order to reflect that and see if you have better luck? Devices with Windows 7 I just pick a Linux Distro since they give you all the basics you need, are safer, faster and supported for quite a few years.