[SOLVED] Is my memory speed correct?

Jan 5, 2020
Hi all,

I recently purchased an Aorus Elite x570 MoBo with an AMD Ryzen 5 3600x processor, a Radeon RX 5700XT GFX card, and a 2 x 16 GB corsair vengeance LPX 3200 Mhz DDR4 ram kit.

After a few hickups, I got the overall system to work quite well; however, I am struggling to understand if my RAM is working well (especially because I have seen quite a few posts of people that have issues with optimizing the specific corsair vengeance LPX ram with the Aorus Elite x570 Mobo). I inserted the RAM into the A2 and B2 slots, as indicated in the MoBo guide; also, I turned on XMP in the bios.

However, when I enter the bios, both memory sticks are indicated to perform at 2133 Mhz (I made a screenshot but am not sure how to upload it here?); it looks something like this:

DRAM Status
DDR4_A1: N/A
DDR4_A2: Corsair 16GB 2133 MHz
DDR4_B1: N/A
DDR4_B2: Corsair 16GB 2133 MHz

X.M.P. - DDR4-3200 16-19-19-36-55-1.35V
X.M.P. Profile 1

In contrast to the above, the top of the same bios screen also shows:
Memory frequency: 3208.44 MHz

Additionally, CPU Z shows 1596.8 MHz (which I understand should be multiplied by 2, which would equal approximately 3200 MHz).

Could someone kindly indicate if this shows that my RAM is actually performing at 3200 MHz or if the 2133 MHz shown in a part of the bios is the primary and correct indicator?

Thank you so much in advance! :)

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Above is correct. Seeing 2133 in the bios under status is the ram identifying itself to the motherboard of it's standard jedec frequency. Very much like the cpu frequency in Windows system information not showing the true speed of an overclocked cpu but rather the cpu's ID.

Jan 5, 2020
Above is correct. Seeing 2133 in the bios under status is the ram identifying itself to the motherboard of it's standard jedec frequency. Very much like the cpu frequency in Windows system information not showing the true speed of an overclocked cpu but rather the cpu's ID.
Ah, I see. Thanks for elaborating; nice to understand some of the background :)