Aug 3, 2021
So I recently upgraded my PSU from 750w to 1000w as it kept shutting down whilst running the 3090 and every sign went towards not enough power going though

so I added the new psu changing all wires to the new ones and now my pc won’t turn on and shows no life except that my Go XLR lights up which is connected via usb.
I even tried plugging in my old psu just to turn pc but still no luck.
There are no loose connections as I triple checked and also tried turning my pc via mobo using the + and - on the motherboard incase of dodgy on/off button.
Does anyone have any suggestions or does my mobo seem dead

specs:
Mobo:Msi b550 a pro
Ryzen 7 5800x
Nzxt x53 cpu cooler
Nvidia 3090 FE
RM1000x PSU
16gb Corsair vengeance ram

Last edited:
Solution
so I added the new psu changing all wires to the new ones

So you used the old wires with the new PSU? If yes, that might be the cause and propably you fired your MB and/or other components.

Between different vendors there is no wire-compatibility on PSU-side. I personally would not even do this with PSUs from the same vendor.

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

PSUs (old and new): make, model, wattage? New, used, refurbished?

Regarding "new psu changing all wires to the new ones " do double check that you did not mix in any PSU cables from other PSUs.

Also:

"also tried turning my pc via mobo incase of dodgy on/off button. "

What did you do or try to do to turn on the PC and not use the case power button?

Reactions: jB17

Ralston18

Titan
Update noted....

Is the RM1000x the new or the old PSU? I think the new but correct as necessary. Source (where purchased)?

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, or even informational events that may have been captured.

Clicking any given entry may provide additional details about what happened. Unfortunately the details may or may not be helpful.

Also - "What did you do or try to do to turn on the PC..."?

alexbirdie

Respectable
so I added the new psu changing all wires to the new ones

So you used the old wires with the new PSU? If yes, that might be the cause and propably you fired your MB and/or other components.

Between different vendors there is no wire-compatibility on PSU-side. I personally would not even do this with PSUs from the same vendor.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS