[SOLVED] Is my mobo gonna support my gpu properly?

Sahir Dizdarevic

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2014
So my brother wanted to clean pc without me and he literally destroyed cpu and mobo by pushing cooler too strong. I am in need of that pc so I decided to buy used mobo+cpu.

I had i5-2300
2*4gb 1600mhz hyperx RAM
Mobo was p8h61-m le
Psu is some seasonic bronze 620w i think
Gpu r9 270x 2gb directcu II oc

I bought this pc new long time ago, upgraded gpu and ram back in 2014

So I found something cheap and used, seller says it's in good condition (I have to trust him).

It is i5-4570s with ga h81m-s mobo.

I would love to hear ur opinion about this, Im not sure is my gpu going to work on this mobo and how will it work since my old mobo had PCIe 2.0 but this mobo is only PCIe 1.0.
Is it going to slow down or limit my gpu significantly?

Thanks in advance

Solution
How old is the PSU in your build? M12II or the S12II? For a PSU that's nearly a decade old, it's not going to be outputting 620W of power. Leaving the concern of the PSU aside, the motherboard and processor you're looking at will accept the GPU in question. I'd ofc make sure to reinstall the OS since you're swapping platforms.

(The PCI Express slots conform to PCI Express 2.0 standard.)
Taken from the manual and their specs site.

Lutfij

Titan
How old is the PSU in your build? M12II or the S12II? For a PSU that's nearly a decade old, it's not going to be outputting 620W of power. Leaving the concern of the PSU aside, the motherboard and processor you're looking at will accept the GPU in question. I'd ofc make sure to reinstall the OS since you're swapping platforms.

Taken from the manual and their specs site.

Solution

Wolfshadw

Titan
I would love to hear ur opinion about this, Im not sure is my gpu going to work on this mobo and how will it work since my old mobo had PCIe 2.0 but this mobo is only PCIe 1.0.
Is it going to slow down or limit my gpu significantly?
From the motherboard's specifications page:
  1. 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x16
  2. 1 x PCI Express x1 slot

There won't be any issues with your GPU and this motherboard. The age of the power supply may be another matter, but I'll leave that to you and @Lutfij

-Wolf sends

Sahir Dizdarevic

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2014
Firstly I wanna say thanks for your opinions.

I didn't have any problems with this PSU so far, and in my opinion if this cpu I am buying (i5-4570s) has lower TDP than my i5-2300 had.. then I don't see a problem.

But still let's wait and see what will @Lutfij say.

Sahir Dizdarevic

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2014
I bought this combo it was cheap anyway, but pc is acting same as on my old mobo and cpu. What is going on. Is it possible that my psu is dead. It starts spinning for a second and then it shuts down. There is no beep sound at all. It shuts down very fast.

Sahir Dizdarevic

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2014
Im starting to lose control of situation.

What psu do you suggest for this pc now.

H81m-s gigabyte
I5-4570s
R9 270x 2gb directcuoc
8gb ram 1600mhz hyperx
1tb hdd
I would love new but cheapest possible psu for this pc sice it's old I dont want to put some extra money in it.