[SOLVED] Is My Monitor Beginning To Fail On Me?

Luke2468

Reputable
Jul 2, 2015
189
0
4,690
3
Hi there, I recently purchased a Dell s2716dg from Best Buy and have been happily using it for the past 4 months. I use a display port for my input and always have 2 USB ports being used for monitor back lighting and a light up RGB mouse pad. I recently have moved my setup into a different room and have noticed something strange. When I unplug this monitor for a certain period of time (I dont know exactly how long just that I can unplug it and have it act normal for about 10 seconds) when i plug it back in nothing will happen. The monitor wont turn on and non of the buttons are responsive. The monitor will eventually turn on without a problem after a bit of plugging and unplugging the power cord but Ive tried multiple outlets and different ports on my power strip and nothing seems to stop this from happening. Also I've noticed if I have it plugged into my power strip and its not working at all but plugged in moving the power strip back and forth actually turned it on. And a side note once it's on it can be turned on and off without a problem with the power button but as soon as its unplugged for too long it will start to stop being responsive unless I mess with it a bit. My question is basically whether or not this could be a failing monitor or could the power cord just be failing? The PSU is internal so its just a 3 prong connector. And I have plugged it into an outlet just by itself without a pwer strip and my power strip is powering 5 other things without issue so I'm ruling that out. Thank you for any piece of advice.

Luke
 

Lutfij

Titan
Moderator
I don't think the monitor is going bad. Maybe if you reverted to your older wall socket and see if the issue persists? On a side note, you might want to see if the contacts in you power strip might be loose and not making proper contact with the prongs on the power chord for the monitor.
 

Luke2468

Reputable
Jul 2, 2015
189
0
4,690
3
I've concluded that the issue was I had to unplug my USB lights and mouse pad in order for it to boot up normally afterbeing unplugged. Thank you for the advice
 

Similar threads


ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS