Question Is my monitor dying (white flickering glow) ?

JaredzzC

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2011
I've got 3x Acer XG270HU and one of the displays is flickering with a white glow in some areas.
It only started as a small area in the top right corner but over the weeks it has since expanded in size and location.

I've tried different cables, both DP and HDMI and different slots on the GPU just to be sure but it hasn't improved anything.

All monitors are calibrated the same/have all the same settings. I've tried changing the refresh rate as well, 144, 120, 60Hz - no difference.

Anyone have any suggestions of what I could try or does it just seem like it's come to the end of its life?

I've had all 3 monitors since 2015 so it's been a good five years now, although it's just one monitor that's displaying issues, the others are all fine.

Last edited:

JaredzzC

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2011
If you've changed the power source for the cuplrit monitor and have tried it out on a donor system, then it looks like the controller onboard the display is saying goodbye. Time for a replacement display ;)

Thanks for the response! I hadn't thought of changing the power cable/ brick but I had a go and it's still the same so I think it's safe to say it's a lost cause. I was pretty sure of it already but I just wanted to see if there were other options before I put the monitor to rest.

I was thinking about getting an ultrawide instead of a multiple monitor setup so this might just give me an excuse to pull the trigger on that :sneaky: