[SOLVED] Is my monitor too good for my GPU?

Jan 4, 2021
I recently got an ASUS TUF Gaming VG249Q, and am trying to run Modern Warfare on it. However, every time I do, various things max out (Disk, CPU, GPU) and I lose packets. I have never had a problem with these things maxing before when running MW. I have tried a variety of different things, including lowering graphics and capping FPS, but I cannot get it to run MW smoothly. I am wondering if my GPU (Radeon RX 570) isn't powerful enough to run it. I also have a potato HDD, and I could see that causing issues, but it has worked fine in the past.

Setup:
CPU: Intel i5 9th gen
MOBO: MSI B360 gaming plus
GPU: Radeon RX 570
CPU Cooler: CoolerMaster MasterLiquid ML240L V2
PSU: Seasonic 850 W Gold
Disk: Seagate 1TB HDD (Like I said, potato, but it has been sufficient in the past)
Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG249Q

Solution
Even if it is not the issue, upgrading from an HDD to an SSD is a HUGE difference. I personally have upgraded three PCs total to SSD, and all three had major improvements. One use to be a 2 minute boot time, plus about 5 minutes before the PC would respond quickly after starting. After the SSD, it takes 12 seconds to boot, full off to desktop, and is immediately responsive. Consider that as an option.

Aside from that, yes that is an aging GPU. It it still good, but Im not sure about 144Hz capable, though I havent particularly researched it.

logainofhades

Titan
I would probably blame the HDD, over a monitor. Have you defragged it lately, and done disk cleanup? Done any malware checks? Checked temps and made sure drivers are up to date, along with Windows? Also, do yourself a favor and get an SSD. Even a cheaper 256gb would be sufficient for windows. You could then run your games off the HDD, which will help with load times and such.

Even if it is not the issue, upgrading from an HDD to an SSD is a HUGE difference. I personally have upgraded three PCs total to SSD, and all three had major improvements. One use to be a 2 minute boot time, plus about 5 minutes before the PC would respond quickly after starting. After the SSD, it takes 12 seconds to boot, full off to desktop, and is immediately responsive. Consider that as an option.

Aside from that, yes that is an aging GPU. It it still good, but Im not sure about 144Hz capable, though I havent particularly researched it.

Solution