Question Is my motherboard acting up?

Jan 4, 2020
I have a b350-f rog strix motherboard and I have almost the entire build ready except the cpu, which I’m getting from a friend. I just got these new Corsair masterfan pros (120s) and I like assembling things for practice so I set them up and powered the motherboard but the fans won’t spin nor will the rgb turn on (with or without an rgb hub). Not only that but when I plugged in my case leds they won’t turn on either. Is it because I don’t have a cpu or is my motherboard messed up?

Jan 4, 2020
Sorry I was asking what was your CPU and GPU. So you're using integrated graphics on this system you do not own a discrete graphics card. What CPU do you have?
I understand now, no I’m running a xfx 580 fatboy black edition graphics card and I will have the ryzen 5 3600 next week. Are the fans not working because I haven’t even booted bios yet or should they turn on without the cpu even in socket?

I understand now, no I’m running a xfx 580 fatboy black edition graphics card and I will have the ryzen 5 3600 next week. Are the fans not working because I haven’t even booted bios yet or should they turn on without the cpu even in socket?

Nice going to Ryzen :)

I saw system fans not spinning when CPU is not installed. Depend on the motherboard. I would wait for the rest of your hardware to see when everything is installed. You could do the paperclip test on your PSU to see if you have a dead PSU while you wait for the rest of the parts.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buPMx9dw0LU

Reactions: Cars.en