Question Is my motherboard bottlenecking my CPU?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

LilGreenBean

Commendable
Apr 19, 2019
First, let's start off with my parts list.
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3_R2
CPU: AMD FX-8350
GPU: RX 580 8GB
RAM: 8gb DDR3 1600
Case Fans: 2
Storage: 1 TB HDD
PSU: EVGA 450W

My cpu and gpu usage are not even reaching 100% in any games. Plus, my cpu is strong enough to support my gpu. All I was wondering is if it is my motherboard that is bottlnecking it.

LilGreenBean

Commendable
Apr 19, 2019
Ok I think I found out that it is my motherboard. I saw another thread that said my cpu won’t run good with this motherboard either. Thanks everyone for your help on trying to answer my question.

Scott Wayne

Honorable
Mar 11, 2015
yep get the board im using bro you will absolutely love it im a fx lover i m able to play very nice games including sims 3 and ff10 and all the emulators out there 970 pro gaming/aura austek computer inc is a very good board a mid range model and it has great performance ive had mine for 3 years and i use it 24 hours a day still works. now if some one knows of a cheaper one than this with experience on it go for it. well not mid rang now since the ryzen cpu came out lol mind that but all in truth you need a new build better cpu as the fx dont work on all games well ive not ran into an issue yet but ive heard quake was bad on it and warcraft. i bought it cause im poor it dose work for my games so far. id custom build and ask these mods were to buy parts they will definitely help you on the info.

Last edited:
Reactions: LilGreenBean

TRENDING THREADS