Dec 2, 2017
PC Specs:
i5-6500
16GB ddr3 1866Mhz
GTX 1060 6GB
Gigabyte GA-B150M-D3H DDR3
500W PSU

Problem:
When i try to turn on my pc it enters a power boot when the fans start spinning but nothing displays on screen and no beeps are made by the internal speaker.

What happened:
I was using a program that would automatically update my drivers (i usually do them manually, but was feeling lazy). Everything was looking fine it told me to restart my pc a few times, then on one of the restarts it showed my bios boot screen and said that changes were being made. it then turned off and powered back up again, but then 5 seconds later turned off again. Now every time i try to turn on my pc it enters this power cycle and can only be cancel by turning off the psu.

Things ive tried:
removing the cmos battery
clearing the cmos
only plugging in the essentials; cpu, cpu cooler, ram and the psu
Ive tried to manually boot by using the backup bios but it doesnt have a switch so i tried to short the main bios with a piece of metal (didnt work)

Is it possible that the driver bricked the bios chip or motherboard? Can i fix it?

Dec 2, 2017
Did you use software to update the bios by any chance?
Do you have dvd from motherboard?
Put disc and hope that it will boot.
i think so but i cant be sure because it said it would update a lot of drivers and like an idiot i didnt check which ones. I do have the motherboard dvd but i cant even get into the bios screen, so i can change any settings etc.

Try this
"Method #1:
  1. Shut your PC down (if you're reading this guide, than your PC isn't working anyways)
  2. Hold the power button until the PC starts and shuts down again
  3. Press the power button again, your backup BIOS should kick in now and should re-flash the main BIOS if there's anything wrong with it.

Method #2:
  1. Shut your PC down
  2. Hold the power AND the reset button for about 10 sec, than release.
  3. Backup BIOS should kick in anytime soon now.

Method #3:
Had to use this one in order to get my 990FXA-D3 working again. Backup BIOS kicked in using method #2, but I was back to the good ol' no signal state once the procedure finished..
  1. Short out pins 1 and 6 on the main BIOS chip (pin #1 should be marked with a red dot or whatever)
  2. Tell a friend (or a relative) of yours to press the power on button
  3. Remove the ghetto-like jumper you're holding between pins 1 and 6 as soon as you hear a beep.
  4. Backup BIOS should kick in again and everything will (hopefully) be fine.

Uhm yeah, that's about it, I guess.
P.S Please bare in mind that the 3rd method should only be used if you have the following options:
Option #1 Follow my dumb advices.
Option #2 RMA the board. "

For DVD, I really do not know if anyone tried this, nor I did it myself, but some did suggest.
Just unplug all sata devices except the DVD, put in DVD, and restart the PC.
I really do not know will it work.

Dec 2, 2017
Try this
"Method #1:
  1. Shut your PC down (if you're reading this guide, than your PC isn't working anyways)
  2. Hold the power button until the PC starts and shuts down again
  3. Press the power button again, your backup BIOS should kick in now and should re-flash the main BIOS if there's anything wrong with it.
Method #2:
  1. Shut your PC down
  2. Hold the power AND the reset button for about 10 sec, than release.
  3. Backup BIOS should kick in anytime soon now.
Method #3:
Had to use this one in order to get my 990FXA-D3 working again. Backup BIOS kicked in using method #2, but I was back to the good ol' no signal state once the procedure finished..
  1. Short out pins 1 and 6 on the main BIOS chip (pin #1 should be marked with a red dot or whatever)
  2. Tell a friend (or a relative) of yours to press the power on button
  3. Remove the ghetto-like jumper you're holding between pins 1 and 6 as soon as you hear a beep.
  4. Backup BIOS should kick in again and everything will (hopefully) be fine.
Uhm yeah, that's about it, I guess.
P.S Please bare in mind that the 3rd method should only be used if you have the following options:
Option #1 Follow my dumb advices.
Option #2 RMA the board. "

For DVD, I really do not know if anyone tried this, nor I did it myself, but some did suggest.
Just unplug all sata devices except the DVD, put in DVD, and restart the PC.
I really do not know will it work.
yeah ive already read and tried that tutorial, plus ive disconnected all my drives the pc turns off before it can display anything. i only have a external usb dvd player

Dec 2, 2017
I would suggest before buying new board or doing anything to contact Gigabyte support https://esupport.gigabyte.com/Login/Index?ReturnUrl=/
They were pretty fast with my question about P45 long time ago, when i was changing thermal pads.

I really do not know what companies were thinking off updating bios from the Windows, they should've putted some PRETTY BIG WARNINGS BEFORE.
yeah ive contacted them and they havent figured it out yet, have to wait till tomorrow till they can respond

Reactions: RememberThe5th