Jay879

Reputable
Feb 1, 2015
EDIT: I just looked at my old cpu again and determined theres no broken pin inside the hole I cleaned it with a tip of a thumbtack but still cannot see anything moving underneath it like I can with the rest of the holes.

I have a B450 tomahawk mobo when I removed my 2700x somehow the pins were bent and some broke off. I put my new 3700x in and exactly one pin broke off I zoomed in with my phones camera and see a weird spot where the plastic hole looks bigger then the rest of the cpu socket this is the spot where the 3700x pin broke off. I have the replacement cpu now and I'm extremely nervous to try installing it I've already destroyed $550 worth of processors and have never done that before. Here's a photo

https://ibb.co/5j9bYr7

Last edited:

Jay879

Reputable
Feb 1, 2015
Looks like the CPU socket have some melted spots. If that is the situation, you should avoid putting any new CPU into the socket, as it is quite likely it ends up with broken pins again.

Yeah that is what my friend told me I'd rather be out of $114 for a new motherboard then $350 for another 3700x this is strange this happened because I never overclocked my processor.