Dec 18, 2019
Today I finally finished my first ever build and went to start it up and install windows for the first time. At first, it started, with all fans running but I could not get a display through the HDMI on the GPU or the VGA from the motherboard. I tried removing sticks of ram, swapping out ram, swapping out GPUs and then I tried to reset the BIOS by removing the CMO battery and holding the power button and then viola! I got a display via the HDMI on the GPU. However, when the bios opened up, it froze instantaneously and I had to turn off the PC. Upon rebooting, the PC went straight into setting up Windows, which I finished with no problems at all.

I then updated the sound drivers, the CPU and GPU drivers and everything seemed to be working fine. However, it was impossible to get the microphone working from either the front or the back panel and the USB 3.0 slot in the front panel was not working at all (the cable is firmly plugged in on the motherboard) and solutions pointed to the direction of drivers and updates (which did not solve the problem) and going into the BIOS or potentially updating the BIOS. However, once again, if i attempted to do so, the BIOS would glitch out and freeze within about 1 seconds and the language would automatically switch to Japanese. It is worth noting, that Windows doesn't freeze AT ALL

TLDR: USB 3.0 slot on the front panel doesn't seem to work, microphone slots on both the front and back panel don't work, there's no display from the VGA from the motherboard and the BIOS freezes whenever I enter it.

If it helps, almost all the parts except the SSD, HDD, PSU and Case were bought used (from long-time, high feedback eBay sellers):

MSI A320M V2 Motherboard
Cooler Master MasterBox Lite 3.1 Case
Cooler Master MWE Bronze V2 550W PSU
Ryzen 5 1600 with stock cooler
2x8GB Juhor 2666Mhz DDR4 1.2V RAM
Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury 4GB
Integral 240GB SSD
Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD

Although Sapphire Technology introduced the SAPPHIRE NITRO R9 FURY in January, 2016, it is nowhere to be found on it's support page anymore.

C/Net does have it's specifications listed:

System Requirements

• Required Power Supply 750 Watt

It appears your Cooler Master MWE Bronze V2 550W PSU is nowhere near being capable of running that video card.