[SOLVED] Is my motherboard capable of having a 1050 ti?

Soloontop

Commendable
Aug 29, 2019
I have a gt 1030, FX 8350 processor and my motherboard is an ASRock 970m Pro3 and I am wondering if my computer has x16 pcie slot, and if so would I be able to install a gtx 1050 ti into my computer?

Solution
If your happy with your computers performance, why are you looking for a gpu upgrade?

If you upgrade your gpu on a low quality power supply there can be severe side affects.

Sometimes a low quality psu can be very loud under a lot of stress.
Sometimes a low quality psu can even fail and kill every single component in your computer.
Its not uncommon to have a failed psu smoke or even catch on fire.
Open the side panels and look for the sticker on the PSU.
Here is an example of what you should see. Upload a picture of this sticker to here and post the link in this thread.

BQL7700_07.jpg

If your happy with your computers performance, why are you looking for a gpu upgrade?

If you upgrade your gpu on a low quality power supply there can be severe side affects.

Sometimes a low quality psu can even fail and kill every single component in your computer.

Solution

Soloontop

Commendable
Aug 29, 2019

It’s 120-160 and the frames drop a lot that’s why I’m trying to upgrade my graphics card and get a 144hz monitor, I read that a normal gt 1030 won’t be able to sync with a 144hz monitor that’s why I want to upgrade much graphics card and monitor

Aug 18, 2019
Agree with the experts here, before you do check the PSU first and avoid using the cheap ones, if you want to have a longer reliable PSU that doesn't actually cook PC get a gud PSU.

it would be pointless if you buy and upgrade your PC if your PSU is not good enough because that's not a good investment let's just say you upgraded the parts except PSU and sooner and later it dies down, and it actually cooks everything the CPU the MOBO and the GPU so your investment suddenly vanish.

you can ask them what good PSU you can get with a good price.

cheers!