[SOLVED] Is my MotherBoard compatible with a NVIDIA RTX 2060 ?

Apr 10, 2020
Good evening, I post this message to find out if my PRIME H310M-A R2.0 motherboard is compatible with an NVIDIA RTX 2060

• I looked a little on sites to know the compatibility but ... nothing.
  • And also I looked at my alimentation it's good

Thanks for the help.

Solution
Well... your GTX 1080 draws more power than the 2060.

Just out of curiosity, why do you want to upgrade to the 2060? Your GTX 1080 is slightly faster... if it's just for ray tracing I don't see the 2060 as a great choice, it's quite weak for that.

Also, as a future recommendation you should upgrade that PSU... Corsair VS are quite low in terms of quality.

For your build I'd go for one of these: Corsair TXM or RMx, Seasonic Focus Plus, EVGA SuperNOVA G2 or G3, Superflower Leadex III... 550W is suddicient.
The motherboard will work.

You'll need to include full system specs to be sure(cpu, psu, ram)... when posting the specs make sure you're providing us with the exact model number for the components... not something like "500W psu", that doesn't give me anything.

Apr 10, 2020
The motherboard will work.

You'll need to include full system specs to be sure(cpu, psu, ram)... when posting the specs make sure you're providing us with the exact model number for the components... not something like "500W psu", that doesn't give me anything.
OK sorry
  • NVIDIA GTX 1080
  • 32GB of ram. One of the ram stick of the 32gb is not working at the moment
  • CORSAIR VS550

Well... your GTX 1080 draws more power than the 2060.

Just out of curiosity, why do you want to upgrade to the 2060? Your GTX 1080 is slightly faster... if it's just for ray tracing I don't see the 2060 as a great choice, it's quite weak for that.

Also, as a future recommendation you should upgrade that PSU... Corsair VS are quite low in terms of quality.

For your build I'd go for one of these: Corsair TXM or RMx, Seasonic Focus Plus, EVGA SuperNOVA G2 or G3, Superflower Leadex III... 550W is suddicient.

Solution
I think ray tracing is the '' future '' of our games.
So that's why I'm going to bet on the 2060.
Thank you for this quick response !

Maybe it is... but the RTX 2060 barely meets the minimum requirement for ray tracing. It's not powerful enough for ray tracing in my eyes.

If you really want to experience ray tracing I' d suggest upgrading to a RTX 2070S or better... also change that PSU too if you're at it.