[SOLVED] Is my motherboard compatible with an RTX 2060 ?

Nov 27, 2021
Hi, I wanna upgrade my PC but I dont know if RTX 2060 will fit in and be compatible. My Motherboard is Nitro GX50-600 and my CPU is Intel Core i5-8400 2.80GHz.

Solution
That's a poor PSU that provide 432W on the 12V rail in reality, which is what powers modern hardware.
It would be best if you bought a new PSU as well, advising these:
First post from this thread

and the tier list here that you can pick from tier B and above, or if you are under an extreme budget, tier C.
Hi, I wanna upgrade my PC but I dont know if RTX 2060 will fit in and be compatible. My Motherboard is Nitro GX50-600 and my CPU is Intel Core i5-8400 2.80GHz.
Compatible yes. If it fits, you need to tell us which case you have and which EXACT model of 2060 you want to get, or you can measure the distance you have from the back of the case till the first obstacle in the height of the pcie slot the GPU will be in.

Also you need to tell us what EXACT make and model PSU you own, because it might not be up to the task of powering reliably a 2060.

Nov 27, 2021
Compatible yes. If it fits, you need to tell us which case you have and which EXACT model of 2060 you want to get, or you can measure the distance you have from the back of the case till the first obstacle in the height of the pcie slot the GPU will be in.

Also you need to tell us what EXACT make and model PSU you own, because it might not be up to the task of powering reliably a 2060.
PSU: LiteON PS-7501-5 and it has Maximum 500W at 50°C

That's a poor PSU that provide 432W on the 12V rail in reality, which is what powers modern hardware.
It would be best if you bought a new PSU as well, advising these:
First post from this thread

and the tier list here that you can pick from tier B and above, or if you are under an extreme budget, tier C.

Last edited:
Solution
Yes, a 2060 will definitely fit your motherboard.

Assure that you are considering all factors:

• the card needs to fit your case; all cards inthe specifications description should be able to indicate the amount of room you need. simply look a tthe specs and determine the size in your tower.
  • your PSU needs help. i would not encourage running that PSU with a gaming rig. typically in these types of prebuilds they use proprietary (cheap) components.
a good alternative or minimum spec PSU that wont kill your wallet would be https://www.newegg.com/evga-bp-series-100-bp-0610-k1-610w/p/N82E16817438210

although nto a powerhouse and non modular; will get the job done with this being an unexpected necessity to your upgrade.