[SOLVED] Is my motherboard compatible with everything?

May 12, 2022
I am planning to buy a i5 10400f
and lga 1200 socket mobo and i have a gtx 1050 ti graphics card i wanna ask is my specs goods will it all bottleneck or not and i have chosen a mobo for all these is Asus prime B560 m-a is the mobo good with i5 10400f and for gtx 1050 ti will everything work good for gaming and stuff and without bottleneck and is the mobo good for gaming?

Solution
Yeah that's true 1050 ti is just basic card nowadays but i have a question can i use 16gb ram in the asus prime B560m-a it has 4 ram slots and the maximum ram is 128gb and 128 divide by 4 is 32gb so can i just one 16gb ram in one of a slot? And the titles that i would like to play is cod warzone, hell let loose, battlefield 4 and gta 5 kinda titles do you think they will not bottleneck if i play them with medium or low settings with 1080 resolution?
You will hurt performance if you use a single 16GB DIMM. Buy a matched set of two 8GB DIMMs or a matched set of two 16GB DIMMs.
"Adding" RAM seldom works.

kanewolf

Titan
I am planning to buy a i5 10400f
and lga 1200 socket mobo and i have a gtx 1050 ti graphics card i wanna ask is my specs goods will it all bottleneck or not and i have chosen a mobo for all these is Asus prime B560 m-a is the mobo good with i5 10400f and for gtx 1050 ti will everything work good for gaming and stuff and without bottleneck and is the mobo good for gaming?
You CPU is compatible -- Asus posts the list of compatible CPUs here -- https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards-Components/Motherboards/PRIME/PRIME-B560M-A/HelpDesk_CPU/
EVERY PC has a hard limit in performance. The word "bottleneck" is almost never accurately applied.
Whether your PC will optimally play your games depends on many things -- game title, resolution, settings, etc.
A 1050ti is considered a basic card by today's standards.

Reactions: akshayarora354
May 12, 2022
You CPU is compatible -- Asus posts the list of compatible CPUs here -- https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards-Components/Motherboards/PRIME/PRIME-B560M-A/HelpDesk_CPU/
EVERY PC has a hard limit in performance. The word "bottleneck" is almost never accurately applied.
Whether your PC will optimally play your games depends on many things -- game title, resolution, settings, etc.
A 1050ti is considered a basic card by today's standards.
Yeah that's true 1050 ti is just basic card nowadays but i have a question can i use 16gb ram in the asus prime B560m-a it has 4 ram slots and the maximum ram is 128gb and 128 divide by 4 is 32gb so can i just one 16gb ram in one of a slot? And the titles that i would like to play is cod warzone, hell let loose, battlefield 4 and gta 5 kinda titles do you think they will not bottleneck if i play them with medium or low settings with 1080 resolution?

kanewolf

Titan
You will hurt performance if you use a single 16GB DIMM. Buy a matched set of two 8GB DIMMs or a matched set of two 16GB DIMMs.
"Adding" RAM seldom works.

Reactions: akshayarora354
Solution