Is my motherboard compatible with the gt 1030

Apr 17, 2018
Hello I was thinking about buying a new gpu the gt 1030 but my motherboard is old it's the motherboard from the dell optiplex 3010 the MT one uses pci express 2.0 but the card is pci express 3.0 and also will the card work with the bios and will it even install the drivers?

Solution
Key word is *should* - some of Dell's older systems are notoriously finicky about working with more modern graphics cards. I've personally run into this issue before, and I'm far from the only one.

It's best to be sure to have the most recent BIOS version available, but even then, it's hit or miss. It might be worthwhile to do some searching with your exact Optiplex model on Dell's forums (though their forums are very clunky), and see if anyone's had success with it.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Key word is *should* - some of Dell's older systems are notoriously finicky about working with more modern graphics cards. I've personally run into this issue before, and I'm far from the only one.

It's best to be sure to have the most recent BIOS version available, but even then, it's hit or miss. It might be worthwhile to do some searching with your exact Optiplex model on Dell's forums (though their forums are very clunky), and see if anyone's had success with it.

Solution
Apr 17, 2018

All of my drivers are up to date including bios but I've seen a lot of people do it 5 of my friends did it with the exact tower and same gpu but what are the chances that I will run into problems like you

Apr 17, 2018

thanks for the help my dude now I feel ready to upgrade