[SOLVED] Is my motherboard damaged?

Dino Hatemić

Reputable
Dec 10, 2019
"No video input" "Enter sleep mode"

GPU: ASRock RX 580 Phantom Gaming 8GB

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 3.0GHz (Stock cooler)

RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x8GB DDR4 3000MHz (XMP Profile)

PSU: Seasonic S12 II 520W 80+ Bronze

SSD: Patriot Blaze 120GB (OS) AMD Radeon R3 240GB (Files)

HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 7200rpm

MOB: ASRock B450M-HDV

Tried both my old GTX 960 and new RX 580 on the motherboard, everything works and spins inside the case, it's just showing the message and the monitor shuts off. Monitor couldn't be the problem, because I tried those GPUs on an older motherboard H81M-DG4 with i3-4160 and 8GB DDR3 1600MHz and the sytem booted with no problem, so to my logic, when I put the GPUs on my new motherboard, the message is brought up and think the motherboard is damaged.

Could it be that the RX 580 that I recently upgraded to damaged the motherboard? Bought the RX 580 2 days ago, it worked for 2 days but then system suddenly couldn't boot, did undervolt couple of times before the system couldn't boot because the RX 580 was overheating. microstuttering and throttling in games at 88°C at default settings, brought the mV from 1150 to 1050 and underclocked from 1370MHz to 1300MHz and the temperature was 80°C max with no throttling and microstuttering, because I followed some advice from forums to undervolt to bring the heat down.

I still don't think the RX 580 is the fault, because it works right now on my older system. It spins, makes noise, PSU is working, CPU, RAM, HDD, SSDs. I'm typing from that PC now!

I'm simply lost. Yesterday trying to figure out the problem for 3 hours, today for 7 hours and tired of it. Any suggestion or even solution would help. Tried clearing the CMOS with the battery and the jumper, should I try to download AMD drivers on my current older setup and set it to default? Resetting the Windows completely?

Last edited:
Solution
For your platform, you lack necessary power from your PSU. You would ideally need 650W from a reliably built PSU.
Solved! PSU wasn't the issue, I just needed to spam the Del key as soon as i start the PC and the Windows was getting configured. So many hours wasted for a simple solution.